Red Angus X Brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Has anyone ever crossed or seen the result of RA bulls on black brangus cows? Color of calves?

TexasBred":123cduyp said:
What would be your goal or purpose for doing this?
i was wondering the same thing..... if the red bull is not superior, then i had just soon use a black or hereford ...........espcially hereford
;-)

CopeMan":3rouhhwl said:
Has anyone ever crossed or seen the result of RA bulls on black brangus cows? Color of calves?

Well - it would depend upon the genetic concentration of black genes in both the bulls and females. Likewise, it would depend upon the QUALITY (Phenotype, Genotype and Functional Traits) of both the bulls and females as to whether you would make any PROFIT at the end of the TAX year!

Why are you seeking this particular mating combination?

DOC HARRIS

No paticular reason....just thought a Red angus bull would be better looking out in the field than a plain black one like everyone else has around here, especially if it will still throw black calves. A good friend of mine worked for Virginia Techs research farm, they used Wehrman, Whitestone, and VT angus bulls for cleanup and AI the first go around...one year he said they AI'ed to some top RA bulls, the calves were just as good if not better then calves who were sired by black bulls soo... You get the maternal of the angus and with all these hot summers we're having now thought I might try something different with Brangus cows. Just thought Id ask if anyone has ever seen this cross or heard of anyone doing it. As someone mentioned Hereford bulls are a great cross on brangus cows, that Super baldy is a great cow from what Ive seen, but to tell the truth, and to each there own, me, myself, and I have just always thought Herefords were boring to look at, at least the polled ones. Besides performing well, I do like and animal I think is appealing to the eye. I do like the Horned ones though. I actually inquired about some from Debters yesterday for a buddy of mine who is thinking of using them.

Latest posts