red angus vs hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl580

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the main differences are in red angus and hereford cattle are? i've been through a number of the search engines and all i can find are the origins, which is useful, but not quite what i'm looking for. i'm writing a dividing and classifying essay for my comp class and need to explain why they are somewhat similar to start with but are different the more you look at them.

Thanks in advance,
Chloe

cowgirl580":2g7xw00l said:
Can anyone tell me what the main differences are in red angus and hereford cattle are? i've been through a number of the search engines and all i can find are the origins, which is useful, but not quite what i'm looking for. i'm writing a dividing and classifying essay for my comp class and need to explain why they are somewhat similar to start with but are different the more you look at them.

Thanks in advance,
Chloe

Go to cattle today page, the various breeds and orgins are listed.

Thanks for the tip. i have read those articles, however, and that's not quite what i'm looking for. mainly i'm looking for why they are similar and why they are different.

Thanks again,
Chloe

They are similar in that they are both British breeds, typically are moderate framed, and have good beef. They are different in color markings, and the fact that Angus all came from Aberdeen, while Herefords came from Herefordshire. The breeds were founded and developed by separate breeders and associations. Herefords also come in both polled and horned varieties. I could go on, but so far I have not stated anything controversial, and that's where I'll leave it, unless you want me to send you a PM. Good Luck!

Latest posts