Red angus registration

Help Support CattleToday:

Preussfarms

Reaction score
We just recently purchased a registered red angus bull. Can anyone tell us how to have his papers transferred to our name?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

The previous owner should have done that at the time of the sale, but I would think if you contact the Red Angus Association they would be able to help you get them transferred. You will probably need to know his Reg #, or they could possibly do it if he's been tatooed.

this has to be initiated by the person who's name is currently on file as the owner of this bull with the Red Angus association (I assume this is the owner).

Some breeders won't automatically transfer registrations so you need to make it clear with the seller that you want the papers. He will need to know the name that you want the bull registered under and the address. If you are a member of the Red Angus association, he will also need your member number.

UG":36njdjyl said:
this has to be initiated by the person who's name is currently on file as the owner of this bull with the Red Angus association (I assume this is the owner).

Some breeders won't automatically transfer registrations so you need to make it clear with the seller that you want the papers. He will need to know the name that you want the bull registered under and the address. If you are a member of the Red Angus association, he will also need your member number.

Thanks UG. Since we always transfer at the time of sale, I wasn't sure if the registered owner had to initiate it or not.