Red Angus - Ludvigson Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

frank boucher

Reaction score
My elderly neighbor has a few registered red angus cows,he's wanting me to go to this sale saturday with him,help pick out a bull.They got a good selection,125 bulls,seem to be popular genetics,and a reputation breeder,but I don't know much about red angus.Bull will be cared for good,not used heavily,my only concern is adapting to this endophyte fescue here.
Any of you red angus guys see any problems?

Fairly certain Kirby lane is a co-op breeder there in missiouri so atleast those cattle would be bred for fescue. If you're serious about a bull and not just tossing around the idea than call them and ask them which bulls were specifically developed on fescue.
Word from the wise when you go to the sale be very critical of their feet.

I called Ryan Ludvigson monday ,suppose to meet him there today at 1 pm to discuss that,looks to me like some bulls from cooperator herds and some from Montana,hope to find out how long they been here and how acclimated they might be to this area.
Anything specific to look for?They're suppose to have been fed a bulky ration designed for 3 lb a day gain,which should be better for feet than a hotter feed?I'm kinda familiar with screwtoe,corns,obvious things that just don't look good.
Guess I'll know more this afternoon,
Thanks

Yes I seen that,told my buddy those would all be raised on fescue,might be the best deal?We looked at a lot of nice bulls this afternoon,we're going to the sale tomorrow.If he don't get one,we'll go to Lacy's.

He got one bought,#39 in catalogue,ara reg #3569962.Bull looked good and sound to me,came from co-op herd thatch red angus in Iowa,been down here since spring on fescue so should get along alright.