Red Angus in Kansas

Help Support CattleToday:

Julian

Reaction score
These are just a few pictures I snapped in the pastures recently.

IMG_0257-1.jpg

IMG_0261-1.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

For more pictures fee free to visit our website: http://www.SteadfastBeef.com

I am going to guess that calf weight at 72 lbs dripping wet. Looks like another cow killer to me. Is it me or was Boaz in the first pic mingling with the enemy:) Thanks for not showing any of those thin cows in that pasture.

Jeff

S&S Farms":asmsx0iz said:
I am going to guess that calf weight at 72 lbs dripping wet. Looks like another cow killer to me. Is it me or was Boaz in the first pic mingling with the enemy:) Thanks for not showing any of those thin cows in that pasture.

Jeff

Yes, that is Boaz T71 in the first picture and yes the calf did weigh 72#, as well as the next calf sired by Boaz the next day. These two bull calves will be Boaz W92 and Boaz W93. Boaz W91 weighed 65#. When the picture was taken Boaz T71 was covering some Gelbvieh, Red Angus and Balancer females.

Found the calf...
IMG_0280-1.jpg

...and just like that he is off with momma.
IMG_0276-1.jpg

Finally, I caught back up with them.
IMG_0288.jpg

This is a yearling heifer we took to another pasture today. She is a double granddaughter of B571. Her dam is the cow with the profile picture at the very front of this thread. We won't breed either until late November.

We took Boaz T71 out of this pasture yesterday as he has finished his work there and was walking the fences and bugling for more work elsewhere. He is now in our first 5-wire, high-tensile, electric coral pen/lot and seems rather content there, especially after getting a couple "pops" from the wire. We had been keeping the yearling heifer there, but it sure got old listening to the yearling bulls bawl for her that we kept at home this year as well. They haven't made much noise since we turned her out with the spring bred's.

Life is good as I have been taking off weight and the cattle have been putting it on. :D
IMG_0282-1.jpg