Red Angus Dispersal Sale near Lexington, KY

Help Support CattleToday:

frieghttrain":381tsuo7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":381tsuo7 said:
kenny thomas":381tsuo7 said:
Darn TT, I have already registered for a grazing conference at LMU Vet School that weekend. If I give you the order can you buy for me. Just pay for them and I will send a truck to pick them up.

You already know how to graze and your cattle do too. Get up to Lancaster and help me buy some 3 in 1's.
Let me know how it goes tommorow.

Will do.

TennesseeTuxedo":jquw09ec said:
I didn't buy anything but I had a great time and learned a lot.

The prices weren't as high as they could have been but were plenty high enough that I just could get it to pencil out. :D
What were some of the prices?

I knew that would come up, I'll try to post a bunch tomorrow from my desktop because my iPad is a pain to type long replies on. The top selling bull brought $47,000 and the top selling donor cow brought $9,500. A fancy heifer brought $10,000.

Cheapest cow all day was $2,100.

TennesseeTuxedo":3d6qthdu said:
I knew that would come up, I'll try to post a bunch tomorrow from my desktop because my iPad is a pain to type long replies on. The top selling bull brought $47,000 and the top selling donor cow brought $9,500. A fancy heifer brought $10,000.

Why didn't you buy at those prices? :hide:

TennesseeTuxedo":26cjfuz2 said:

Was that Donor Cow toward the end of her career? If not, not very good!

I was watching online. The top Limousin donor brought 19k. There were lots of bargains to be had. Nice yearling bulls went for 12-1300.

Farmgirl":xmh7ctnl said:
I was watching online. The top Limousin donor brought 19k. There were lots of bargains to be had. Nice yearling bulls went for 12-1300.

Cheap prices. Yikes.

Margonme":k88hhnss said:
TennesseeTuxedo":k88hhnss said:

Was that Donor Cow toward the end of her career? If not, not very good!

Born 9/29/13 Ron.

You should have gone to the Kenco sale in KY instead. CHEAP prices! Bred heifers could be bought for $1400. Auctioneer mentioned that most of the buying was done from online bidders (like me), people in KY were not bidding. Some really good deals were had, that is for sure!

Fire Sweep Ranch":37nfck5r said:
You should have gone to the Kenco sale in KY instead. CHEAP prices! Bred heifers could be bought for $1400. Auctioneer mentioned that most of the buying was done from online bidders (like me), people in KY were not bidding. Some really good deals were had, that is for sure!

Simmental?

TennesseeTuxedo":t13u9r5j said:
Fire Sweep Ranch":t13u9r5j said:

Simmental?

Yes. Family Matters sale. In Auburn. I didn't go. Kenco has nice cattle. Doug Parke was sales manager.

Belles of the Blue Grass is 10/8. Also a DP sale. I am going to that. Mount Sterling, Ky. You should join me! Maybe Lucky will be there.

Margonme":2lnka4kw said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2lnka4kw said:
Fire Sweep Ranch":2lnka4kw said:

Simmental?

Yes. Family Matters sale. In Auburn. I didn't go. Kenco has nice cattle. Doug Parke was sales manager.

Belles of the Blue Grass is 10/8. Also a DP sale. I am going to that. Mount Sterling, Ky. You should join me! Maybe Lucky will be there.

Might be able to do that.

Latest posts