Red Angus & Commercial Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
These are the Red Angus & commercial heifers.

IMG_4321sm_zpsvlw4pjz1.jpg

IMG_4330sm_zpsrcew2sq8.jpg

RA Heifers. These two are a little lighter boned than some of our others, but the 1/2 sisters we have kept have been pretty good cows. Their sire goes back to a Prime Plus bull

Red Angus heifers sired by our Thor bull:
IMG_4454sm_zpsyfuzybbx.jpg

IMG_4424sm_zpsdu3uonz5.jpg

This heifer is a TANK. And she's a big pet who loves to be scratched between her shoulder blades. :heart:

IMG_4403sm-2_zpshq3yrgn0.jpg

IMG_4397sm_zpsnim0tinp.jpg

IMG_4369sm_zps2cqfsnnu.jpg

Red Angus heifer out of a 1st calver, sired by our main heifer bull (goes back to Panama)

IMG_4338sm_zpsl00ytgfc.jpg

RA heifer on the left out of a 1st calver sired by our Panama bull. One of my Speckle parks on the right

IMG_4340sm_zpsm41mvpom.jpg

RA heifer sired by our Thunder bull. This one is a little bit square...

IMG_4373sm_zpsmayouo48.jpg

Limitless RA heifer out of 1st calf Storm dam

IMG_4493sm_zps0dvbt9h6.jpg

mostly Angus heifer with a teeny bit of shorthorn 5+ generations back.

IMG_4442sm_zpsfn4dgw6i.jpg

Speckle Park

IMG_4435sm_zpszo1fwgzu.jpg

IMG_4426sm_zpsal9ihyhb.jpg

IMG_4348sm_zpseyjzb7he.jpg

the brockle face is Sim Angus sired out of a Herf/Sim cow.

As always - thanks for letting me share!

Thanks cross and freighttrain. I'm pleased with them so far. They are all nice & quiet too - nobody has put themselves on the cull list for bad behavior yet haha.
I ran that big Red Angus heifer (4th picture) across the scale today just for curiosity - 760lbs. I knew she was a tank but I didn't think she was quite that big (I thought she'd be a hair over 700). There's a few others that are probably not far behind.

Thanks TT & upland.

Supa Dexta":r0ti8s7x said:
The shorthorn is strong in that one.
Isn't it though?? She's the spitting image of her dam except for color:
IMG_4579sm_zpsmcbljzoc.jpg

IMG_4586sm_zpsdnzoyvor.jpg

She's a good cow. Have a solid red 1/2 sister to her and another identical black daughter in the herd that are both equally as good as her, maybe better. This one stands a pretty good chance of being good too I hope. I like the little bit of roan on her and love her deep red color. Not gonna lie I had this one pegged as a keeper from day 1....
I was told the original cow that started the family was purchased by my grandparents in law in the early 90s from another family member and was shorthorn cross. I could look back in the record books, but I'm sure there's at least 5 generations between the original & this calf - all angus sired. I don't think that Shorthorn look goes away too easy.

Nice heifers! On one that comes out so flashy, do you keep her rather than sell her and take a hit? If she's topcrossed with a solid bull, will the chrome go away . . . for a while?

Latest posts