Red angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Glacier Nyack 688. Least favorite is Cheroke Canyon or anything with him in their pedigree

I like Grand Canyon. He's not without problems but the feedability of the calves is unmatched . They are also very roomy with moderate frames.

The Cherokee Canyons support poor feet, no milk and had a guy tell me the only calves he pulled this year were out of CCanyons.

mine would have to be Perks advance 121R his calves are great. The Females are wide and deap sqaure heifers. the bulls are thick very well Made. The best Red angus yearling bull ive ever seen was by him probly the best angus bull as well was Coleys Mojito he Weaned at 1001 pounds. Some might Disagree but thats what think.

I have a few different favorites:

If I want to make cows, I would have to say that Rambo 502 is the bull that did the most for the entire breed. He had some problems too, but nearly all were great producers.

I have a bull called Rattler 908. His sons are by far the easiest I have raised to look at and the commercial ranchers absolutley love his sons. They are extremely thick, long, excellent performance, and good enough carcasses. He also had the best set of feet and legs on a Red Angus bull that I have ever seen. His daughter are pretty good heavey milking cows, but the EPDs say different. He only has a 4 for milk.

Dakota Copper 29K - Don't own or never have used. But I did buy a son this year. His daughters have the ideal amount of capacity and some of the most beautiful udders in the breed. His sons are very powerful thick bulls too.

I only used Grand Canyon 1 year and sold most of the cows bred to him so I never got a good use of him, but his daughters sure seem very good, easy keeping, and excellent udder and leg structure.

121R is the bull that will bring muscle and bone back to the breed. After all the Cherokee was used, we loss alot of performance, and I think this is the bull that will bring it back. He is extremely thick rear quartered and has alot of performance with big REAs. But he isn't the kind of bull that will work on every cow. You need to be careful how you mate him.

My least favorite bull is Cher. Canyon. I saw him as an 18 month old bull and was one of the pooest looking bulls I have seen. Now his offspring have poorer feet, udder structure isn't good, and I have herd the calving problems too. I will always try to stay away from this pedigree.

Chateau has some feet issues too.

King Rob does alot of this right. He puts alot of capacity and milk in his daughters. The udder structure could be better, but I am nitpicking here. It seems that nearly all of his offspring have a high tail head. Not that that really matters though. He had an excellent producing dam, and she is really where all of his power comes from.

Don't know the Glacier Huson line.

Favorites would include Red Geis Poundmaker 22'96. He doesn't miss on much.

Red Dwajo Gladiator 32L- moderate,easy doing cattle awesome udders. He doesn't miss on many. Carcass stats are second to none, might be one of the most underated bulls in Canada. His calves aren't showy, not ugly, just don't make show cattle.