Red Angus bull sales

Help Support CattleToday:

BWA

Reaction score
Just curious what bulls are siring the high selling animals this spring?

Lelands: Major League
Larson / Strawberry Ridge: Major League
Stevenson/Basin: Brylor New Trend 22D
Schulers: F442
Lorenzen: Cherokee or Cheyenne
Hueftle: Julian B571
Peltons:Cheyenne (?I think)
Halls: Above & Beyond

Hope this helps!

KB or anyone else got any numbers on sale averages or tops?

Lelands: $3150 on 132 hd ($12,500 top, 1B Bull)
Piepers: $4200 on 155 hd ($16,500 top and 6 bulls over $10,000)
Larson/Strawberry Ridge: $2650 ($8500 top on two different bulls)
Stevenson Basin: $3660 on over 100 hd ($41,000 top
Wedels: $2600
Schulers: $3006 on 109 hd ($16,000 top)
Lorenzen: $2800-$2900
Hueftle: $3400
Peltons: $2700
Panhandle: $3300

Now for $250,000 KB. Name the three major cities of Iceland and their respective industrial output capabilities.

Wow...you got me there Ollie. I'm just a Red Angus info junkie.....but IQ is certainly not a strong suit.

ollie":1fv01ngi said:
Now for $250,000 KB. Name the three major cities of Iceland and their respective industrial output capabilities.

Reykavick(sometimes spelled Reykjavik), Keflavik, Akureyri(sp), when I was there those were the only citys we considered to be even citys. Fish, dairy products and Iceland wool garments.

Close?

dun

I watched the Basin sale. They had some very good Cherokee Canyons as well. Forster sale in December had a good average also.

Whatever happened to Bootjack. Did Paul Haugen sell it to Paul Angus? Never hear anything from them anymore!

dun":1bku5spv said:
ollie":1bku5spv said:

Reykavick(sometimes spelled Reykjavik), Keflavik, Akureyri(sp), when I was there those were the only citys we considered to be even citys. Fish, dairy products and Iceland wool garments.

Close?

dun
You just as well post lebanon, rolla and st louis for all I know . But ....Ed McMann will be at your door soon with the money. Oh wait a minute, you didn't know the questions KB answered leading up to the 250000. question. You answered without proper credentials. You owe us $50.00. I think you probably spelled them wrong anyway.(Like I should condem you for spelling)

ollie":36wm4vuk said:
You just as well post lebanon, rolla and st louis for all I know . But ....Ed McMann will be at your door soon with the money. Oh wait a minute, you didn't know the questions KB answered leading up to the 250000. question. You answered without proper credentials. You owe us $50.00. I think you probably spelled them wrong anyway.(Like I should condem you for spelling)

And I had already started spending the money, ah well. The check is in the mail!

dun

The Cherokee Canyon cattle continue to be in demand. There doesn't appear to be much concern out there regarding his poor "daughter calving ease" EPD. Personally, I've quit using him because of it. However, I've never calved out any of his daughters to know first hand if there is a problem with his daughters having a difficult time calving.

Has anyone on this forum calved out any Ch. Canyon daughters? Was there a problem with calving ease?

Also, the first Romeo daughters should be calving by now. Any reports out there on how Romeo daughters are doing as mama cows?