Rectum Protruding

Help Support CattleToday:

Whiskey is as whisky does......;(. Just curious what did range Cowboys do when they came across a cow with a " struggle" that Ron reports? Is it really a struggle for a sound cow?

The hole that this protrusion eminated from was the one directly under the tail. I took a picture today and identified the hole with AI chalk. Here is the picture:
33wktwp.jpg
[/quote]

Now this part is hilarious! :lol: But I really do think that pink chalk would go better with her dark complexion Ron! :pretty:
Now which hole had the purtrusion again????? :cowboy:

I've seen quite a bit but I believe that's the first time I've been called arrogant for not being comfortable with someone's language... (Arrogant? really?)

I spent a number of years living and working around the country on cattle jobs, predominantly with men - just because I'm around them every waking hour does not mean I need to look, act, or talk like a cave man. (Edited to add: I am not including those of you who have offered your opinion in that statement, and I am very appreciative of your support.) Maybe the gals you (Ron) pick up in the bar on Saturday nights are fine with that type of humor (or have too little self-respect to complain); I'm not. But then I already made myself clear.

Let's be honest Ron - I visit the forum and answer questions periodically because I enjoy it, and I've some friends here who appreciate my presence. You need me as much as I need you, which is not at all. You don't pay for my advice, don't pay for my veterinary skills, have not contributed to either (unlike some here) - and even if you were my best paying client, if it meant putting up with that version of humor I'd tell you to find another veterinarian.

On topic: when all the owner sees is a flash of pink as the cow stands up, spins and disappears into a group, yes, I've met quite a few who aren't sure whether the rectum or vagina was involved (yes, they actually have grown-up names). Just surf CT. Most people could put an arrow pointing to the anus on the cow - via PhotoShop. Not everyone has cattle they can walk up to and examine outside a chute - and not all prolapses stay out long enough to determine where they came from. I still maintain it was a legitimate question.

Regarding the P1/P2/P3 discussion - I try to be considerate of the audience and use terms the average cattle owner is familiar with. Other people appreciate it. Thread for those who are curious: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81125&hilit=p3+coffin

milkmaid":3v3qedb2 said:
I've seen quite a bit but I believe that's the first time I've been called arrogant for not being comfortable with someone's language... (Arrogant? really?)

I spent a number of years living and working around the country on cattle jobs, predominantly with men - just because I'm around them every waking hour does not mean I need to look, act, or talk like a man. Maybe the gals you pick up in the bar on Saturday nights are fine with that type of humor (or have too little self-respect to complain); I'm not. But then I already made myself clear.

Let's be honest Ron - I visit the forum and answer questions periodically because I enjoy it, and I've some friends here who appreciate my presence. You need me as much as I need you, which is not at all. You don't pay for my advice, don't pay for my veterinary skills, have not contributed to either (unlike some here) - and even if you were my best paying client, if it meant putting up with that version of humor I'd tell you to find another veterinarian.

On topic: when all the owner sees is a flash of pink as the cow stands up, spins and disappears into a group, yes, I've met quite a few who aren't sure whether the rectum or vagina was involved (yes, they actually have grown-up names). Just surf CT. Most people could put an arrow pointing to the anus on the cow - via PhotoShop. Not everyone has cattle they can walk up to and examine outside a chute - and not all prolapses stay out long enough to determine where they came from. I still maintain it was a legitimate question.

Regarding the P1/P2/P3 discussion - I try to be considerate of the audience and use terms the average cattle owner is familiar with. Other people appreciate it. Thread for those who are curious: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81125&hilit=p3+coffin

I acknowledge all you have stated. All I can do is apologize.

Not only can I walk up to my cows in the pasture but the first occasion when I observed this. I did an about face, went to the shop, got my latex gloves on and while she was laying in the pasture did an examination. Miley was not comfortable with that and when she stood the extruded tissue introverted. Imagine yourself as a vet being questioned after you made an observation like that as to whether it was extruded from the anus or the vagina. If you are a strong character, I think you might give me the keen edge of a switch. You know I have done my share of anatomical dissections. I taught Vertebrate and Invertebrate Zoology labs as a Graduate Assistant. I would expect you would know a bovine better than I but I bet I will beat you 10 ways from Sunday on Reptilia.

In regard to the women in my life, you are correct but they all don't come from bars. I worked with women who could not complete a sentence without the use of the f-word.

milkmaid, any rational person knows an apology is an "empty vessel". I know we have all used the phase in guiding our children "sorry don't cut it". Nevertheless, as this is the day after, I am not pleased with what I said to you. If I am nothing more, I am brutally honest. I wish I could take it back.

milkmaid":2m24fkvh said:
Regarding the P1/P2/P3 discussion - I try to be considerate of the audience and use terms the average cattle owner is familiar with.

I do not see your approach as being insulting in any way.

While some of us do indeed know what a phalange and metatarsal, hemoglobin and PCV values are many do not.

I know, personally, several cattle farmer/ranchers in my area that also have other forms of livestock and farm animals (some for over 50 yrs) who have no idea of what the technical name/terminology of most animals related parts and pieces are. They CAN, however, tell you about fuel filters, hydraulic pumps, perlins and socket sets.

I live in an area where there are quite a few folks who still believe in "Hollow Horn" and "Hollow Tail" disease as well as a cow becoming sterile from jumping a fence.

Katherine

milkmaid. To the best of my recollection, I have never picked a woman up at a bar. That is not to say that I would not under the proper circumstances.

BTW: Just so no one gets it started that I am GAY, I have never picked a man up at a bar either.

When I lived in Denver, I had an apartment at the Uptown Square Apartments, here is where I lived from 2005 to 2010:
http://www.equityapartments.com/colorad ... ments.aspx

Not far from my apartment is a GAY men's bar, The Denver Wrangler Gay Bar. The first time I walked by, I saw all these tough looking dudes in western wear standing on a patio drinking. I thought, "Wow, those are cool looking dudes." As I got about a block away, it came to me that there was not one single chick in the whole place. When I got back to the apartment, I googled, "Wrangler Bar". Here is what I found and now you know the rest of the story.
https://foursquare.com/v/denver-wrangle ... 20ca261fe3

BTW: I thought I saw 3 waycross in the crowd. :lol:

chippie":23prdv0s said:
The cure for Hollow Tail around here is to split the hide on the cow's tail and rub rock salt in it.
2i8d4ao.gif

Around here the cure is to split the tail and fill it with black pepper or turpentine. :roll: :roll:

Katherine

inyati13":30e3mu6f said:
milkmaid":30e3mu6f said:
Apology accepted, Ron.

Thank you. Those are words. My emotions to your acceptance is confirmation. I am not a bad person. I just get going and sometimes the thermostat sticks.
Happens to all of us Ron, (at one time or another.) :mrgreen:

chippie":2ro0aw9y said:
The cure for Hollow Tail around here is to split the hide on the cow's tail and rub rock salt in it.
2i8d4ao.gif
I thought you poured black powder into it

Well, I'm glad to see that order has been restored here for the most part.. From what I know of Ron, what he said doesn't seem characteristic of him. I'll say we have enough cliques and feuds going on around here I hope we can all get along again, whether we "need" each other or not

The picture DID make me laugh though!

I don't think it's been settled yet
I think we need to take a test, maybe some pictures with arrows pointing to the different anatomy with multiple choice answers :D

inyati13":3fukfvbk said:
milkmaid. To the best of my recollection, I have never picked a woman up at a bar. That is not to say that I would not under the proper circumstances.

BTW: Just so no one gets it started that I am GAY, I have never picked a man up at a bar either.
So where do you pick them up?
We all know how that works, discretion being the better part of romance.
"We shouldn't walk out of here together. I'll leave 1st, Give me 20 minutes, then meet me across town behind the Tasty Freeze by the No Tell Motel"

Latest posts