Record keeping software

Help Support CattleToday:

I just ordered Ranch Manager from Lion Edge Tech.

I'll let you know .... (don't have the disk yet)

there is someone selling software on Ebay but I wasn't sure that it would do what I need.

let me know, that would be great. The ole pen and paper gets hard to keep track of. I downloaded Ranch Hand, but it's not real friendly to use.

I use Ranch Manager Cattle Edition from Lion Edge and I really like it. Like any product their are somethings I would like to add or change but nothing is perfect. They do offer a free trial version, check it out.

http://www.lionedge.com/usa/downloads.php

One thing I like is when I email them with a question or suggestion they respond back promptly. I have asked them to add semen inventory and they said it was coming but would take time to build.

Microsoft Works Database is what I use. For every piece of data you collect, make a "field". Tag number, location, date freshened, and etc, etc. As good and as easy as any of the several "canned" programs I tried. I'm no geek, but most anyone can do this with patience.

edb130":2v8qs8cv said:
I use Ranch Manager Cattle Edition from Lion Edge and I really like it. Like any product their are somethings I would like to add or change but nothing is perfect. They do offer a free trial version, check it out.

http://www.lionedge.com/usa/downloads.php

One thing I like is when I email them with a question or suggestion they respond back promptly. I have asked them to add semen inventory and they said it was coming but would take time to build.

I also use Ranch Manager, and I really like it. It covers pretty much everything I need, and like edb says, they respond quickly when you contact them.

I'll throw in another vote for Ranch Manager. Lion Edge is good to deal with, and while I didn't choose their package (I'll be building my own for some specific requirements I have), they were always very friendly and helpful. The software itself is full featured enough for 99% of ranch operations, and its inexpensive too.

Rod

I like cattle max. it links to our am hereford assoc and also to our heat detection system.

We use Cattleworks. Compared several and for the money we thought this was the bext, although it has went up since we bought it. They have a demo available. I feel it is really simple to use.

I purchased the eRanch software off of ebay haven't needed alot support but haven't needed it so far but for 25 to 30 dollars I think it's doing an ok job fairly freindly. We're not handeling but a 36 head heard + calves. It tracks treatments, costs, your able to attach a pic of each head and build 4 or 5 individual reports to suit your own needs. Not trying to sell it trying to discribe it

I got the Ranch Manager software and so far I like it
it is pretty easy to use as long as you use the help screens to help find where things are...

tom4018":1dqpi7r5 said:
We use Cattleworks. Compared several and for the money we thought this was the bext, although it has went up since we bought it. They have a demo available. I feel it is really simple to use.

That's what I've got. Pretty basic but it cuts the mustard.

cfpinz

id get the cattlemax software.you can get either the reg or commerical program.im in the process of trying to get reg program because it has links to the BBU.i like the idea of being able to reg cattle without doing all the paperwork.ive always hated filling out reg papers an sending them in.

I use a system called Cow Sense from Midwest MicroSystems, LLC. This system has several versions, EZ, Pure Breed, etc.
You can contact them at [email protected]. I used Excel for tracking cows and their calves, but thats all I could make it do with out additional help.