Record July rainfall

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":1xbbu65j said:
Had a few showers in the area about 4pm....they are gone but the temp is hovering around 79f now. :D

That's real nice '82, real nice. While I was looking at the one up your direction, I saw another one to my south. Both were heading away and west. :(

I'd love to share some rain.
We have been getting EVERY shower head that builds for the last month.
with it is alot of wind.

I let things go at first not worrying about our place being overgrown in July- now its too late and I feel like I am living in the middle of a Kudzu field and will wake up one morning and not be able to find my house.

I can't get my fences hot- thick heavy wet grass/weeds all over it- can't catch a break to spray it .Never thought I would EVER have to spray my fences for grass, usually I just kill back the weeds in the spring and I am set.
I gave up on my garden- its a jungle I am sure theres lots of good veggies in there but I can't find them

I kept waiting for a break to mow around the place- it never came,so I have paths all over the farm the rest looks like a jungle. Grass thick and to my knees and weeds over my head.

I have filled up two woodsheds- clearing downed trees off fences and roads
the cattle have been out more this year than ever before- and when they get out I can't see them thru all the rank growth- and they certainly aren't volunteering to come back.

I have wore out a chainsaw- and cutting trees and fixing fences three or four times a week in a sauna after these storms blow thru is getting old.

The only way I can find my sheep to check on them is to look for the donkeys ears- and hope hes standing up.

I have NEVER seen so much summer growth and its overwhelming me- and now mold is growing on everything and I think I am allergic to it:(

Howdyjabo":2b3wx5bc said:
I'd love to share some rain.
We have been getting EVERY shower head that builds for the last month.
with it is alot of wind.

I let things go at first not worrying about our place being overgrown in July- now its too late and I feel like I am living in the middle of a Kudzu field and will wake up one morning and not be able to find my house.

I can't get my fences hot- thick heavy wet grass/weeds all over it- can't catch a break to spray it .Never thought I would EVER have to spray my fences for grass, usually I just kill back the weeds in the spring and I am set.
I gave up on my garden- its a jungle I am sure theres lots of good veggies in there but I can't find them

I kept waiting for a break to mow around the place- it never came,so I have paths all over the farm the rest looks like a jungle. Grass thick and to my knees and weeds over my head.

I have filled up two woodsheds- clearing downed trees off fences and roads
the cattle have been out more this year than ever before- and when they get out I can't see them thru all the rank growth- and they certainly aren't volunteering to come back.

I have wore out a chainsaw- and cutting trees and fixing fences three or four times a week in a sauna after these storms blow thru is getting old.

The only way I can find my sheep to check on them is to look for the donkeys ears- and hope hes standing up.

I have NEVER seen so much summer growth and its overwhelming me- and now mold is growing on everything and I think I am allergic to it:(

Can't figure out if your gripping or boasting.... :lol: Sounds awesome to me except about the trees on the fence part. I've got those too but mine are on the fence because they died from lack of moisture and are now falling down with any wind that blows through.

Not boasting- most of this junk is just crappy summer grasses and WEEDS gone wild.
We had a drought a few years ago- and we are still dealing with dead trees(they died hard for three years after the drought) and it too is why we are having so much trouble with the winds. The trees on the outside of the woods(next to the fences/roads) seemed to be the hardest hit in the drought.

Howdyjabo":15apive5 said:
Not boasting- most of this junk is just crappy summer grasses and WEEDS gone wild.
We had a drought a few years ago- and we are still dealing with dead trees(they died hard for three years after the drought) and it too is why we are having so much trouble with the winds. The trees on the outside of the woods(next to the fences/roads) seemed to be the hardest hit in the drought.
That is the problem that I've always posted about droughts. It takes longer to get past it's affects then the drought actaully lasts.

Our drought started right on schedule on August 1st. Then on Saturday and Sunday it hit 93 and 95. First time over 90 since August of 2010. I don't know how you people handle heat like that. I just about melted. Today it has backed off to the upper 70's. Good thing too, I don't know how much more of that heat I could have taken.

Dave":eebu5tss said:
Our drought started right on schedule on August 1st. Then on Saturday and Sunday it hit 93 and 95. First time over 90 since August of 2010. I don't know how you people handle heat like that. I just about melted. Today it has backed off to the upper 70's. Good thing too, I don't know how much more of that heat I could have taken.
It cooled off today to the lower 90's. Going to be in the lowes 70's for lows. It's really nice now, I don't think I even sweated today.

Dave":nii9f8id said:

Not sure what you are refering to as a drought? Just hot and dry for a month? That is not a drought, but typical August weather. :lol2:

No part of Washington is on the US drought monitor!

SSGenetics":1d4mucbe said:
Dave":1d4mucbe said:

Not sure what you are refering to as a drought? Just hot and dry for a month? That is not a drought, but typical August weather. :lol2:

Hey, it is the the closest thing we get to a drought. And two days of 90+ temperatures is what we call a heat wave.

On the other hand you get a storm with 75 mph winds and it is a named hurricane. It is all over the national news. We have a storm blow in with 75 mph winds and it barely makes the local news.

Dave":1ery023l said:
SSGenetics":1ery023l said:
Dave":1ery023l said:

Hey, it is the the closest thing we get to a drought. And two days of 90+ temperatures is what we call a heat wave.

On the other hand you get a storm with 75 mph winds and it is a named hurricane. It is all over the national news. We have a storm blow in with 75 mph winds and it barely makes the local news.

Hurricanes do not make it this far north. Just tornadoes that kill people.... :help:

Hurricanes do not make it this far north. Just tornadoes that kill people.... :help:[/quote]

We don't have those and I am happy about it.