Reconditioning bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Hogtiming

Reaction score
I am fixing to pull my bulls away from the cows and they are run down and look like rough. If I feed them 8-10 pounds of soy hulls per day will that recondition them decently. I have never fed straight soy hulls

Hogtiming":2256ov9e said:
I am fixing to pull my bulls away from the cows and they are run down and look like rough. If I feed them 8-10 pounds of soy hulls per day will that recondition them decently. I have never fed straight soy hulls
Should work fine. Do you have grazing yet that will compliment the hulls? If not just make plenty of hay available.

Grass is starting to turn on. If I mix some ddg or corn with it will it help them more? Always have been leary of feeding bulls.

Right above Guthrie ky. Had to leave my bulls in 45 days longer this year. I had a bull go bad on me in January and I did not catch it till late. And my bulls are showing it.

Hogtiming":2x640zu7 said:
Grass is starting to turn on. If I mix some ddg or corn with it will it help them more? Always have been leary of feeding bulls.
Soyhulls are 10% crude protein with almost the TDN and energy of corn. If you decide to add DDG I wouldn't add much because they really don't need the extra protein.

TexasBred":14qcoki8 said:
Hogtiming":14qcoki8 said:
Soyhulls are 10% crude protein with almost the TDN and energy of corn. If you decide to add DDG I wouldn't add much because they really don't need the extra protein.
Thank you. The 8-10 pounds should be fine?

Hogtiming":1t25ezpb said:
Right above Guthrie ky. Had to leave my bulls in 45 days longer this year. I had a bull go bad on me in January and I did not catch it till late. And my bulls are showing it.

We're pretty close neighbors. 20 miles or less.

Bigfoot":3u7se638 said:
Hogtiming":3u7se638 said:

When do you put in and pull your bulls Bigfoot?

TennesseeTuxedo":gsxyawpc said:
Bigfoot":gsxyawpc said:
Hogtiming":gsxyawpc said:

When do you put in and pull your bulls Bigfoot?

Put in May 15th. Run em a long time. I almost calve year round. Pull em middle of march.

May 1st last year. Prior to that we had more or less run the bulls year round. We had our first calve this year on February 7th which was right in line with the gestation table. I plan to pull the bulls after around 75 days and then put them back in in Mid December to attempt to have 2 distinct calving seasons.

TennesseeTuxedo":swp7zq4j said:
May 1st last year. Prior to that we had more or less run the bulls year round. We had our first calve this year on February 7th which was right in line with the gestation table. I plan to pull the bulls after around 75 days and then put them back in in Mid December to attempt to have 2 distinct calving seasons.
I like putting them in mid Dec. That is what I use to do but have gotten pushed back some

Latest posts