Recommendations on bull for Net Worth cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Net Worth cow about 1,700 pounds . Udder and teats need help. I want as much muscle as possible and help on the udder and teats. Exclusive, Entice, Raindance , Charlo, Capitalist, SAV Downpour are so far what I have been thinking, or Black Magic. Thanks

Richnm said:
Net Worth cow about 1,700 pounds . Udder and teats need help. I want as much muscle as possible and help on the udder and teats. Exclusive, Entice, Raindance , Charlo, Capitalist, SAV Downpour are so far what I have been thinking, or Black Magic. Thanks

I can't speak to many on your list. I do have a couple young Enhance calves (sire to Entice). They came easy but were big calves. They are VERY docile. They are growing well. I believe that Hoover Angus has spoken highly of Entice.

I'm breeding to Black Magic in a week. But I plan on breeding him to some smaller framed cows to get terminal fat cattle. If you breed him to a 1,700 lb cow you would likely get a large animal. If that's your thing, then go ahead.

Black Magic's dam has been in production for a long time 12+ years if memory serves. But I know a lot of people look at him as ONLY a terminal sire.

If you are looking to get some replacement females, then perhaps others on the list would be better.

We have used Charlo and Resource on our Net Worth cows. Both bulls work well. The Resource X Net Worth calves have amazing growth (largest/heaviest in the group of bulls or heifers). The Carlo X Net Worth are excellent too. Not the same growth as Resource but really excellent phenotype and legs/feet. Buyer are very impressed with both groups. We will try SAV Supercharger, SAV Rainfall and Southern Charm next. I was concerned with disposition of Charlo X Net Worth calves. Both bulls are noted to be wild. So far the only problem occurred on one heifer. We have 12 offspring from this combo.

SAV Supercharger? LD Capitalist 316 who has excellent EPDs.

Renown x Net Worth is about as proven of a mating as you can get.
I have SAV Renew (son of Renown) female sexed semen. Do you believe that is as good as Renown x Net Worth? Female sexed semen should work too?

I have SAV Renew (son of Renown) female sexed semen. Do you believe that is as good as Renown x Net Worth? Female sexed semen should work too?
If you have it then yes it would work. I personally have not seen Renew so don't have an opinion on him one way or the other.

Raindance definetly for the udder improvement, plus you have the sexed female option too is a plus for some. Then i'd consider 316 and Exclusive

We finally got her in the chute ( different thread) while she was in heavy heat. We hit her with Exclusive , and Charlo . One straw while standing the next 12 hours later . We also used Net Worth on a Renown cow. If it's a bull and crazy I will sell it cheap to the local Sale Barn owner as payback!

Latest posts