Recommend a pressure washer

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Never had one. Don't want to spend a fortune. I've also got a tote, fitted with a 3/4" drain for a garden hose. I'd like to use it, and not a hydrant. Mostly, I'd just like spray my equipment, and the fender wells of my truck occasionally.

My recommendation would either be go big, or go electric. If you go gas motor, you want a CAT pressure pump for reliability and longevity. Problem is these are pricey and likely looking over 1k for a new washer.

I went back to electric after my first electric unit kicked the bucket. This latest one is a BlackMax unit from Sam's Club. Think I paid $184 for it. Much better than the unit it replaced. It cleans out the stock trailer, vehicles, tractors, balers, haybine, ATV and garden tractor - so it gets a lot of use. Only thing I don't care about it is the intake water setup which likes to leak, but for the price, I would buy another in a heartbeat - or possible upgrade to a standalone electric motor with a CAT pump - which run in the $500-$600 mark.

Here is a youtube video of the product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK_rdnum0pk

Any brand as long as it has a Cat pump and Honda motor.. For a looooong pump life, put some sort of water filter, less than 50 microns

I was going to say Hotsy but then read where you didn't want to spend a fortune and they cost purt near a fortune. Being able to steam clean oily greasy stuff makes it sooo much easier to work on.

My father in law bought a pressure washer from Tractor Supply and has nothing but problems with it.

I got a reman husky I bought at auction about 5 or 6 yrs ago for 25 bucks. I think husky is home depot brand it's been a good one so far. My dad bought one from Lowe's I think and its been good for what we do with them

I don't spray the whole truck, but I wish I knew what I've spent in my life at the car wash spraying my floor mats, and fender wells. It'd done paid for a pressure washer I'm sure.

Bigfoot":1piu36h9 said:
I don't spray the whole truck, but I wish I knew what I've spent in my life at the car wash spraying my floor mats, and fender wells. It'd done paid for a pressure washer I'm sure.

My Generac has (3) PSI settings. Makes it convenient when you want to wash something like a vehicle or boat or a vinyl sided house without having to worry about damaging the finish.

Honda makes a good engine. They're pretty easy to find on CL around here because folks forget to winterize their pressure washer and the next spring they don't pump. Just a precaution for cold climates.

I got one that I assume was built in the good old People's Republic of China. It was cheap but then so am I. It has a 7 hp petrol engine no doubt a Honda copy. It packs a good deal of punch and with the turbo head will just blow away deep cow shyt off the 20' tray on the back of my truck even with a bit of an upward slope. It just sits under the back of my house semi protected from the weather ready for action with the hose attached so is very convenient, no mucking with leads. I have had it for about 3 years and use it regularly and is always easy to start.

Our standard power is 240v and I find the biggest one I can get to run off that just isn't powerfull enough. To get the equivalent power of a petrol pressure washer I would have to go to a 415V 3 phase unit which gets pretty pricey and you don't have the portability.

Ken

Latest posts