?Recomend a camera?

Help Support CattleToday:

kickinbull

Reaction score
I am looking for a simple camera that I can use to post pics. One that's for technotards. TIA

kickinbull":c3q8eye8 said:
I am looking for a simple camera that I can use to post pics. One that's for technotards. TIA

They're all about the same. I'd go with a Nikon or Canon point and shoot digital camera. The higher the number of pixels and the better the zoom, the higher the $. You'll likely have to buy a memory card to fit the camera, so factor that into the purchase price as well.

Wife just ran over our Canon a few weeks ago, it was a good camera. She got us another Canon, whole lot nicer than the old one and a whole lot cheaper. Digital cameras have improved in quality and went down in price in the past few years. Our old one was 5 megapixels and the new one is 10, I thought 5 was a plenty.

cfpinz":osg2n463 said:
Wife just ran over our Canon a few weeks ago, it was a good camera. She got us another Canon, whole lot nicer than the old one and a whole lot cheaper. Digital cameras have improved in quality and went down in price in the past few years. Our old one was 5 megapixels and the new one is 10, I thought 5 was a plenty.

Cfpinz,It was the timex that could be run over and keep ticken, not the cannon camera. :lol: :lol:

Cal

I too recommend canon. I have the Elf, and it is great for outdoor shots, especially for a point and shoot. Nice features, easy to use, and small enough to fit in your pocket when you go to the pasture. I bought a cheapo case for the first generation i-pods and it holds it nicely.
The only complaint I have about it is the flash is a little weak for indoor shots unless you are very close to the subject, but it's not such a handicap that I wouldn't buy another one in a heartbeat. Got mine from Sam's. Sometimes sales at best buy and Wolf camera are hard to beat, though, and you can get some tutorial from the sales staff at the latter two locations.

If you plan on taking it near water don;t get whatever kind mistywhatevr had. They don;t float

i use a kodak easy share camera.an it takes real good pics.but you may want a real fancy camera.

I have a Canon Powershot SX10 IS. Rather large, but takes great pics. Has 10 mega pixels and a 20x zoom. Only trouble I have had with it is losing the lens cap.
My son has a Canon Elph and just loves it. He can take it anywhere with him. Thinking about getting one myself to carry with me.

I bought a new one about a month ago... I had one of the big humongous Sony's for years, because I needed one for ranch shots to use in my business. I replaced it with a Sony Cybershot, which I was really leary of buying, but it has turned out to be wonderful! Small, very easy to use, and easy to take really good pictures as well. Under $150... AND you can get different colors! :clap:

I luv herfrds":17lwv7uu said:
I have a Canon Powershot SX10 IS. Rather large, but takes great pics. Has 10 mega pixels and a 20x zoom. Only trouble I have had with it is losing the lens cap.
My son has a Canon Elph and just loves it. He can take it anywhere with him. Thinking about getting one myself to carry with me.

I also have the SX10 IS, great camera with an outstanding image stabiliser. My only complaint is it is rather bulky for everyday use.

You cannot ever have too much megapixels, even if you don't have as much zoom power as you'd like with enough megapixels image editing software can do wonders.

KNERSIE":3qcwezz6 said:
I luv herfrds":3qcwezz6 said:

I also have the SX10 IS, great camera with an outstanding image stabiliser. My only complaint is it is rather bulky for everyday use.

You cannot ever have too much megapixels, even if you don't have as much zoom power as you'd like with enough megapixels image editing software can do wonders.

The only problem I've had is sometimes it's a pain in the butt to upload pics to craigslist or other such sites - files too large or something like that.

cfpinz":2gc1220f said:

Might try that with your old TV. Possibly end up with a new 60" HD Plasma 1080 or something!!

My camera comes up with lens error days before Thanksgiving, so a friend lent me his GE W1000 he got from Walgreens. $89 he said. I liked it so much, easy to use, I went and bought the same thing and it was on sale $69. I downloaded the pics to my pc, but done nothing since then. So much for getting another $400 camera to bite the dust.

We have a Kodak Z650, 6 megapixels, 10X "some German name" zoom lens. It takes video with sound, too. It's several years old and I still like it a lot. It's not very flat or small, but pocket size was something we specifically DIDN'T want, too easy to lose, sit on, etc. Also it's easier to hold steady for a shot when it's not so tiny and flat. The Kokak Easyshare software that comes with it is great. Easy to upload the pics to the computer and save them as smaller files for Internet posting, etc. We paid about $350 for the camera with the charging dock/photo printer and a couple memory cards. The camera came with a cable to load the pics via the USB port on the computer. Nowadays lots of computers have a card reader built in where you can pop it out of the camera,into the computer, and rock n roll.

xbred said:
kodak easy share...charges on the computer..cheap easy to use...good enough...still can't put a photo on CT/quote]
That's not a camera problem