Recipient Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Victoria

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of non-cow friends that just don't understand how happy I am about this so I am sharing here where people will understand.
This year we decided to implant eggs for the first time. We went with 4 of our commercial cows who had their calves fairly early in the year. They were all ready for implanting, first hurdle crossed. The time for their heats have passed and it looks like all are pregnant. :banana: It's so nice when you try something new and it works. I know we aren't clear, someone may abort before calving but still it is some much needed good news. We've been flooding yet again and with 1/3 of the fences down again and lots of clean up ahead I was in need of something to go right.:)

Not to rain on your parade but we had 10/11 get through their first heat. It's our first go at ET and experienced guys just sort of smirked when I talked about how happy I was with the reuslts.

Now I know why they din't put much weight in it. At last count we think we have 3 pregnancies left.

First heat can be very misleading.

Hmmm... thanks, I think. It is good to know, although I feel rather silly about my post now though. :oops:
I'm understanding why I'm not having a lot of positive replies though! :lol2:
So when did most of them start showing their heats?

No matter the discouragment, missing one heat is a lot more positive then missing none.

Well I hope all goes well for you. Trying something new can be a challenge! I wish you the best.

Latest posts