Recipes with multiple eggs

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I think my wife and I are burnt out on eating eggs, we have chickens, we can only do bacon and eggs, sub ham or sausage for bacon for so long. So I'm looking for recipes to use more eggs, by more I mean recipes that you need to add 4+ eggs to.

Any help?
Alan

Frittata's (Italian for delicious, crustless egg pie) , Egg pie (sometimes referred to as quiche), savory custards (kind of like a souffle without the intimidation factor).
Google all of these things and you'll find a bazillion recipe ideas.
I went to lunch with some friends a while back and ordered a quiche that had bacon, white cheddar cheese and apples in it. I was devine. I tried it as a fritatta...turned out delicious, and I didn't have to make a crust!
Mornings aren't my most alert time of day, so that's all I've got for now.
Oh, yeah...sell your extras to friends and neighbors. We have the opposite problem. So many people want fresh eggs, we usually never have any left for us!

Here is a custard recipe that a good friend on CT gave me ,it uses alot of eggs. I baked two of these for a dessert theatre and they went over very well.

Coconut Pie
1 1/3 cup coconut
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk (do not use skim or fat free)
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
5 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust

Place coconut in a bowl and pour milk over coconut. Cover and set aside. Stir together flour and sugar. Add eggs and whisk to combine. Whisk in vanilla and butter. Add milk and coconut and stir well. Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. *Note - baking time listed is for a pyrex pie plate. A metal (or disposable tin) plate may affect baking time.

Farmers Omlet.

It calls for a dozen eggs, chopped ham, cubed potatos, diced onions
You beat the eggs add everything in a 9x13 inch pan and bake til done. We always topped ours with diced tomatos and sour cream.

Angle Food cake. I always made lemon cookies with the yolks.

I luv herfrds":37hp0i7x said:
Farmers Omlet.

It calls for a dozen eggs, chopped ham, cubed potatos, diced onions
You beat the eggs add everything in a 9x13 inch pan and bake til done. We always topped ours with diced tomatos and sour cream

Angle Food cake. I always made lemon cookies with the yolks.

Sounds good ILH. I think my aunt made that and called it hangover eggs ,she made it usually for overnight guests on New years Day .

Hard boil some of those eggs. One version of egg salad we like is egg and olive. Diced hard boiled eggs, sliced black olives and sliced green pimiento olives (blot olives on a paper towel so they aren't too wet), and mayonaise. That's it, and it is tasty on bread in a regular sandwich or on crackers for a snack.

MO_cows":3efq01jx said:
Hard boil some of those eggs. One version of egg salad we like is egg and olive. Diced hard boiled eggs, sliced black olives and sliced green pimiento olives (blot olives on a paper towel so they aren't too wet), and mayonaise. That's it, and it is tasty on bread in a regular sandwich or on crackers for a snack.

My mother makes "Greek easter bread" it has diced eggs and olives inside it, just add real butter.

Latest posts