Recip cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevyman

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here. I plan on doing some flushing soon and was wondering what was considered an excellent recip cow. Breeds, age, and qualities. What do yall think of jersey/Hereford cross cows? I have a few and they milk really nice.

Thanks

Chevyman":2go3g9gf said:
Hello everyone, new here. I plan on doing some flushing soon and was wondering what was considered an excellent recip cow. Breeds, age, and qualities. What do yall think of jersey/Hereford cross cows? I have a few and they milk really nice.

Thanks
yes that cross works just fine as a recipe.they milk real good,an that will grow a nice calf.

Chevyman":3n8mz3km said:

Thanks

Friend of mine uses angus x holstien cross and has good luck. Main thing is to use a cow that is fertile and a good milker. Not so much a certain breed, just a good calf raiser!!!!

Chevyman":3rups4zi said:

Thanks

Have they raised calves in the past? Do you think they can give birth to your ET calves without trouble?

Latest posts