Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Opening up.
P1010030-2.jpg

The Pups at -25
P1010014-3.jpg

Fresh out of the Smoker.
From Left, old fashioned 100% Venison jerky. Summer sausage. and hot sticks.
P1010010-8.jpg

Which of the three would you cull?
P1010050-1.jpg

OK DAD! Enough fun for one day! :nod: Lets go home, get some food, lay by the fire. :D
P1010069-1.jpg

I think I enjoy the pictures of the different parts of the country the most since I joined this board. I am from NW Missouri, and when I get some time, I'll figure out how to post pictures and send everyone some. Thanks for them, gs

plumber_greg":2j8otzs4 said:
I think I enjoy the pictures of the different parts of the country the most since I joined this board. I am from NW Missouri, and when I get some time, I'll figure out how to post pictures and send everyone some. Thanks for them, gs
Thats something I really like about this board too. Glad to see I'm not the only who rides the dogs in the cab.

mnm Thank's for shareing the pic's the white is purty but i am glad it don't look like that here even though we do need the moisture in the ground.by the way you could send me some of that good looking sausage :)

rattler

rattler, sorry you're so dry in N.C. Talked to Tony, from Nichols farms.a year ago and he complained about the drought. Thought maybe it had gotten better for you guys. We're so sick of mud and rain, its embarassing to talk to someone with the oppisite problem. Good luck gs

Rattler, The pic of the dogs in the cab looks funny cause, it looks like their basking in the sun. Well the sun does help but, it was 20 something below. They don't stay out for more then about 5 minutes. They don't have boots and mittens like I do. :nod:
Plumber, thanks for the comments and welcome to CT. We would all like to see your pics. I could pm you with instructions if you like.

Great pics mnmt, you guys have a lot of snow.

BTW, how many cans of beer does it take to make all that jerky.. :lol2:

H.D, Don't be deceived by a couple three scumpled up cans the neighbors MAY have left. They seem to know when the stuff comes out of the smoker. :roll: It actually takes about 24 hours for a perfect batch of the smoked stuff. I use a garbage can. :cowboy: :help: :tiphat:

Just for you, I'd be willing to take all that jerky and sausage off your hands so you can have something to do tomorrow so cabin fever don't set in on you. And it would be no trouble at all. :nod:

Hey Joe, I just finished my supper, fresh sausage, not bad. Wish I could share there's plenty. Boss is working tonight, so I will have $ for the next feed bill.
And! Joe, as you can probably tell, to late for me. I'll be OK. Cabin fever done got me. :help:

plumber_greg":2e2bdhbt said:
rattler, sorry you're so dry in N.C. Talked to Tony, from Nichols farms.a year ago and he complained about the drought. Thought maybe it had gotten better for you guys. We're so sick of mud and rain, its embarassing to talk to someone with the oppisite problem. Good luck gs

greg it has been a bit wetter thus far but we ended the year at -14in it gonna take some snow's like mnmt has gotten to help us get caught back up.

rattler

Jogeephus":9htspvcg said:
What does the postman do when your roads are covered in snow?
We just keep the mailbox plowed out so they can still get to it, our road is covered most of the winter so the mailman gets around the same way we all do. Am I missin somethin?

CKC1586":2q6wcspm said:
Jogeephus":2q6wcspm said:
We just keep the mailbox plowed out so they can still get to it, our road is covered most of the winter so the mailman gets around the same way we all do. Am I missin somethin?

Not at all. Just an honest question from someone who is ignorant to snow. I haven't seen any in 20 years. Last I remember we got about an inch and everything was shut down. Cars in the ditch. Power out. We needed disaster relief. I don't think we even got our mail.

Jogeephus":140tvgob said:
CKC1586":140tvgob said:
Jogeephus":140tvgob said:

Not at all. Just an honest question from someone who is ignorant to snow. I haven't seen any in 20 years. Last I remember we got about an inch and everything was shut down. Cars in the ditch. Power out. We needed disaster relief. I don't think we even got our mail.
;-) Okay, wasn't sure if I "got" what you were asking. Funny thing is our little country dirt road gets pretty rough with chatter bumps etc. in the summer but in the winter the snow/ice fills in the holes and makes it a smooth little highway!
The river is freezing up like I have never seen it before, we now have 3 pair of swan across the road in an open spot. They are usually about 3 miles up stream where there is a little island but it is flooded out and froze up. Seems like they would go south. Sure are pretty birds.

Am familiar with the chatter bumps or what we call wash board roads. I just hit it at 50 mph and all is good. I'm pretty sure a snow like that would just shut us down. I know for sure that no one here would have water cause all our pipes would be busted.

Joe would enjoy seeing the snow removal up in this country. They have everything you can imagine. Normal heavy snows will be off the road fast. These plows go 40 mph and clear a lane and the shoulder, besides spreading the chemicals. The only problems we have is with the blizzards, whiteouts that drift the snow back across roads and bad visibility.
Snow is easy, nothing like the ice storms farther South. We rarely have ice storms, just to cold.

Last week we had what I thought was strange weather. We had a dense fog in the morning with a heavy frost. It was strange and I can't recall ever seeing a pattern like this before.

Latest posts