Recent Equipment Auctions ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
A flood of auction here during October and November. About half were family diary sell outs, and about half were retirements of small grain guys who had quit livestock a number of years ago. I think some folks are running out of cash... Older tillage and grain equipment both sold very cheap, older haying equipment and FEL tractors both sold well. What are you seeing?

Last years drought put a lot of guys out...the drought was bad enough, but having to sell out during a down time killed a lot of operations...some that could have hung on, and wanted too,,,,,lost their water sources....no way for em to win..thank the """Good Lord""" I was able to tough it out...

we quit seeing farm sell outs here years ago.but we are picking some equipment up real cheap if we want it.examples 32ft gooseneck flatbed for $3500 a 13.5 ft kuhn cutter for $2500 3yr old 4 by 6 NH baler $10,000.all of this from a guy with 300 momma cows.that no longer wants to hire a ranch hand.

no 1 left to have farm auctions.the dairies used to hold sales on the farm to sell cattle and equipment.but they no longer do they as theres less than 20 dairies left in my county.

I went to one last weekend and the crowd was huge and it seemed like everything that wasnt total junk was bringing top dollar. I was hoping to find a few deals but all I bought was a couple hot dogs and drinks and I'm not too sure I got a good deal on them either.

Latest posts