rebreeding

Help Support CattleToday:

Check with your A.I. Vet. With our registered Longhorns, we put our bull with them for the 1st regularly scheduled heat after calving. Same would be true for A.I.

Any cow should have a minimum of 45 days after calving to allow her reproductive organs to heal before breeding her again, either AI or natural.

> Check with your A.I. Vet. With our
> registered Longhorns, we put our
> bull with them for the 1st
> regularly scheduled heat after
> calving. Same would be true for
> A.I.

But unless you are trying to move your calving time frame forward you don't really want to be breed her much before the time she was bred the previous year.

dun

> Any cow should have a minimum of
> 45 days after calving to allow her
> reproductive organs to heal before
> breeding her again, either AI or
> natural.

> Any cow should have a minimum of
> 45 days after calving to allow her
> reproductive organs to heal before
> breeding her again, either AI or
> natural.

You hit the nail on the head Linda.It all depends on if it is dairy cattle,beef cattle or rodeo cattle.

[email protected]

If the heifer is in good body condition, and is from a fertile cow family, you should observe her first heat post partum within 35-45 days, you can breed on than heat if you have your semen and the AI tech aware of when that might be, or you can synchroze her to fit where you want her to be bred. We just bred 6 first calvers off synchronized heats from 41-59 days post calving, all settled on the first AI. Pure good luck and good nutrition on the parts of the calves and cows/ we creep our first calf heifer's calves and suppliment the females with a 14% protein pellet with a total of 6% fat in the form of soy bean oil, works great, and they only get 6 pounds per head per day, with free choice mineral. We are a seed stock producer, I would not recommend this to the average commercial producer, as it is not cost effective, but works well for us considering these are my replacement females, and I expect them to calve at 23-27 monthes and only retain those that do just that.

[email protected]

Latest posts