Reasons NOT to Fly Commercial

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
After flown a fair amount in decades ago, and reading about all the current issues with flying, here is my list NOT to fly commercial anymore (unless you like distress and/or usually have "get-there-now-itis":

These are not in order of importance:

1. Airline ticket costs, add on fees, etc.
2. Very over-crowded planes.
3. Obnoxious passengers.
4. Getting stuck with obnoxious seat mate.
5. No smoking anymore (to ease the stress).
6. Cart service slow and may have to pay extra.
7. LONG check-in & security lines, waits.
8. Probability of being stuck on a plane for hours sitting on tarmac and not being able to get off plane.
9. #8 especially with #2,3,4,5,6 happening.
10. Unavoidable weather delays aloft and/or holding patterns, landing at alternate airport.
11. Remote possibility of a terroist on board (or on ground with heat-seeking missle).
12. Definite possibility of some prima-donna, entitled business person creating a scene and stuff.
13. Obnoxious kids screaming, kicking your seat, hanging over back of their seat, etc.
14. Parents of obnoxious kids that haven't a clue and socially irresponsible parents.
15. Stranger sitting next to you that throws up.
16. Restrooms busy and you have to GO.
17. Pilots that feel they HAVE to GO despite marginal weather conditions.
18. Some of the above, most of the above, all of the above.
19. Body scans and pat-downs (only if you feel "abused" and "violated"...better than sitting next to terrorist).

Solution:

1. If your destination is less than 500 miles, DRIVE! You'll probably get their sooner and saner.
2. If you're going to a funeral...the body will keep...it ain't going anywhere.
3. If visiting, etc., etc., no sweat...plan ahead...DRIVE.
4. Comparing ticket prices, add-on charges, parking charges, rental car at destination...well, probably cheaper to drive and stay in motel if needed enroute.

JMO

I think all these new security checks could offer wonderful job opportunities with TSA for those of us who know how to palpate.

Are they TRYING to kill the airlines?
The only reason for me to fly is for a vacation, and I'll just make plans to drive.
A terrorist has already tried to kill a Saudi minister with an internal explosive. So why not cavity searches for everyone? If you're going to be groped it might as well be as humiliating as possible.
Profile, profile, profile. Civil liberties be damd.

john250":1s5i1z8d said:
The only reason for me to fly is for a vacation, and I'll just make plans to drive.
A terrorist has already tried to kill a Saudi minister with an internal explosive. So why not cavity searches for everyone? If you're going to be groped it might as well be as humiliating as possible.

If they would have done that in the first freakin place!

sounds like they are trying to shut down the airlines. There is no way I would subject my wife or myself to the intrusive searches they are doing now.

A friend of mine that works at the Memphis Airport said that a damn gay called and asked what would it cost for a full body search without the plane ride. :lol: :lol: :lol:

curtis":31m07d3y said:
A friend of mine that works at the Memphis Airport said that a be nice gay called and asked what would it cost for a full body search without the plane ride. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wondered how long before that came up. :lol2: :lol2:

Do they have good looking women to search the men?

Years ago I got frisked at the airport in New Orleans as I was about to board a plane leaving the country.
The man asked if I had a gun , knife, or any weapon that could be used to hijack the plane. I said "no". He told me to hold out my arms and frisked me. He asked what that was in my pocket. It was my knife but I didn't think it counted because it wasn't a very good knife. But he confiscated it.
He was very nice about the whole thing.

Of course all of this would explain why Pelosi flies home every weekend. Probably as close as she will get to ever getting any lovin.

Ryder":1hrtu60i said:
Years ago I got frisked at the airport in New Orleans as I was about to board a plane leaving the country.
The man asked if I had a gun , knife, or any weapon that could be used to hijack the plane. I said "no". He told me to hold out my arms and frisked me. He asked what that was in my pocket.
And here I thought you were going to tell us about a concealed weapon :shock: :lol: .

alisonb":295es5na said:
Ryder":295es5na said:
The man asked if I had a gun , knife, or any weapon that could be used to hijack the plane. I said "no". He told me to hold out my arms and frisked me. He asked what that was in my pocket.
And here I thought you were going to tell us about a concealed weapon :shock: :lol: .
Is it a full moon?
Just for that crack I am not going to tell the "rest of the story". The sizzling part about what happened "on" the airplane. :secret: Which would have been the second part of a three part chronicle.

john250":3kktjb3s said:

Amen to that. When have you ever seen a muslim march for peace? Like it or not we are in a war for our very exsistance. We are under attack by our own government and our enamies abroad. We are being attacked by Mexico every day. Billions of American dollars are being paid to illegal's in the form of health care and welfare(400 billon a year) while the elderly widow down the road from me draws 800 a month in Social Security. I have no clue how she is surviving. Billions are being pumped oversea's as aide, when we still have areas of the country without electricity or running water. I don't believe we have one moral person left running this country let alone a patriotic one, if they are not corrupt when they get to Washington they soon will be. It is like the amazing race they all want to see who is the tallest hog at the trough. All of the billions going to illegals and oversea's would prop up the Social Security system which Ike started the downfall of. Ike went in skimmed the surplus to bale out the post office that still needs bailing out nearly sixty years later, and lets not forget LBJ's Great Society he just tore the lid off the box. LBJ's policies are now teaching the third generation how to avoid work. Both parties in Washington are snakes the bite of one will kill you, the bite of the other will make you so sick you wish you could die.
We need serious reform when a elected official commits ethic's violations they need to be hung for treason.
We can not survive on the road our leaders are driving us down, we are being driven to bankruptcy by the EPA and government polices driving all of our manufacturing jobs overseas.
Whew got that off my chest now back to flying.

> Of course all of this would explain why Pelosi flies home every weekend. Probably as close as she will get to ever getting any lovin.

Hahahahahahahaha. Thank you for the smiles. :wave:

Their plan is actually quite effective if they stick with it long enoughto get the full effect. They're going to piss us all off so bad that the only people left in the freindly skies over america will be the terrorists and then we can just fire at will. :banana:

I recall an interview with a Packistani/american man after 9/11 who was scrutinized going though airport security at the Fresno airport. The reporter was trying hard to steer him towards outrage at being profiled. He smiled and told the reporter that where he came from if they had been attacked like we were, any white guy walking through the airport would be lucky not to be shot just for being there. He was completely understanding as to why he was searched and didn't mind at all.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRpWnK6Rg3E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRpWnK6Rg3E&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/youtube]

> Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports. All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.
>
> This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be no racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials. The person's desire to kill himself would be satisfied...
>
> This is so simple it's brilliant!
>
> I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number.." :clap:

Latest posts