Ready for the sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I guess were as ready as were going to get. The boss got the pairs clipped and ready last week. We have two lots consigned to the Southeast Angus Classic next week in Opelika Alabama. Our lot 54 is A Boyd New Day cow that is a direct daughter of our foundation Elluna 0168 cow. The 0168 cow was a very good one for our program, we flushed her to New Day and have been thrilled with the results of the mating. She is safe AI to Coleman Charlo 0256 for a September 29th calf. Her 2015 bull calf by Charlo will be selling as lot 54A, the boss took weaning weights and measurements on him last week. His actual weight was 928 pounds with his adjusted weight being 859 pounds giving him a weaning ratio of 109. He has a SC of 28.5 and a hip height of 46.

The lot 55 cow is another cow that traces back to our Elluna 0168 cow and is out of a bull we have had great success with, Coleman Midland 430. The cow is deep and wide with a picture perfect udder. She is safe AI to SAV Recharge 3436 (Recharge is a full brother to both Resource and Renown). Her 2015 bull calf by SAV Pioneer 7301 was also processed last week he had an actual weight of 766 with an adjusted weaning weight of 711 giving him a weaning ratio of 91. He has a SC of 30 and a hip height of 45.2.

Hopfully someone will like them. I am pretty tickled with the growth on both these calves.

gizmom

How old were they when you took measurements? Because 28.5 and 30 if they're yearlings is very poor, they look AMAZING. Joe

Joe

The measurements were taken on May 10th, these were weaning measurements not yearling. The Lot 54A calf was 230 days old and the 55A calf was 229 days old. Their weights are adjusted to 205 days when turned in. SC size is really pretty good for weaning. These calves will be split off from their dams on sale day. We are actually weaning the rest of the herd on Wednesday gonna be loud at the farm for a few days.

gizmom

Well we arrived safe and sound, got to say this is as good a group of cattle as your going to find anywhere. Really tough to pick a top when there are so many good ones. Got to say I'm totally impressed.

Gizmom

Jscunn

Good sale, I am a failure At reports. I was there when they announced the sale average but wasn't paying close enough attention. The average was either 4100 or 4600 per lot I swear I can't remember which.

High selling lot was lot 58 for 11,000.00 high selling bred heifer was lot 23 for 5100.00. Our two bull calves sold well one going to TN and the other to GA. I don't know who purchased the cows and didn't go to the sale secretary since she had her hands full getting everyone checked out after the sale. I think overall the bred heifers sold the strongest. There were some real nice cattle offered, the seats were full and the cattle sold strong all day.

I did get to meet one of our forum members and his family, it was sure nice putting a face to a name! Maybe he will be able to provide his take on the sale and the sale offering as well.

Gizmom

It was very nice to finally meet Mrs. Gizmom and the boss. There was some excellent stock at that sale, and the prices didn't match the quality of the animals. IMO
If your in the market for some quality Angus cattle at a fair price, this is a good sale to attend.

Latest posts