READ THIS IF IT DONT MAKE YOU MAD WHAT CAN?

Help Support CattleToday:

KMacGinley

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I am more for giving them a medal myself... Kinda showcased the Concentration camp mentality of Big agribusiness didn't it? Just gives me another sales pitch for my customers,,, Forklift free Beef. :)

Yes, it makes me furious that cows are being tortured in feedlots because the humane society and the USDA are more interested in bickering than solving the problem. :mad: Everything I have been reading on this board about this and other feedlot incidences sickens me.

whatsupdoc3":3vm52h34 said:
Every person that reads this needs to call or write and insist on criminal prosecution. Then a class action lawsuit needs to be sought against these groups and break them once and for all. :mad: :stop:

I don't believe a group of angry people insisting on prosecution has any bearing on whether or not there is sufficient evidence to actually move forward.

You can't change the way the legal system works just because you're angry that others oppose your way of doing business.

And whining is overrated.

I think that the issue is that by delaying the release of the video that the humane society allowed the inhumane treatment of these animals to continue for many months. Instead of trying to follow their mandate of protecting animals from cruel and inhumane treatment, they tried to leverage the video for political gain. What they should have done was to use the video to put charges against the people involved instead of sensationalizing it in the media. It gives the whole industry a black eye.

Cattle Rack Rancher":1ortsyqp said:
I think that the issue is that by delaying the release of the video that the humane society allowed the inhumane treatment of these animals to continue for many months. Instead of trying to follow their mandate of protecting animals from cruel and inhumane treatment, they tried to leverage the video for political gain. What they should have done was to use the video to put charges against the people involved instead of sensationalizing it in the media. It gives the whole industry a black eye.

They levied the higher finanacial burden. They waited long enough to ensure a recall would be warranted. Their goal wasn't to stop things, their goal was much more global than most folks give them credit for. If they had stopped it immediately, there would have been no recall. The public wouldn't have known the meat eventually went to little johnny at public schools etc.

whatsupdoc3":221bl1up said:
Does anyone realize that this dealt with alledged downer cows? MAD COW That this was the biggest beef recall in history. Does anyone think about just how much consumer confidence of beef was underminded? I have set back and read time and time again on here peta this peta that. But when peta is caught with their hands in the cookie jar and beef breeders can make their opinions known. Its like oh well it dont matter. I believe the word for peta is activists! Can we all say that the word for those peta harms is pacifist's? Plain and simple if one is not part of a solution they are part of the problem. By people setting on their hands they truly get what they deserve :!:

When did Downer cow and Mad cow become synonymous ?

Two seperate issues here and get confused when the anger rises.

And by the way the undercover guy filmed what was happening he didn't stage something for the camera and pictures are worth a lot of words.

goddy":1ld466ba said:
When did Downer cow and Mad cow become synonymous ?

Two seperate issues here and get confused when the anger rises.

And by the way the undercover guy filmed what was happening he didn't stage something for the camera and pictures are worth a lot of words.

I agree with you goddy, but the problem is, we know they are seperate issues, but the most of the meat buying public doesn't.

Would you think we would be better off if they had just desstroyed the tape :roll: Maybe you should direct a few of those letters to the packers that are trying to wring some money out of cattle that should not be processed! That is what hurts beef consumption. If they are not healthy enough to feed your own family they should not be fed to someone else.

Latest posts