RE: Salers

Help Support CattleToday:

Did you check the classified ads here on the front page of Cattle Today? Otherwise, you might contact the breed association for a breeder in your area.

> How can I get a Salers Bull???
> Where can I get it? and a
> Registered one. I need it for the
> cows.

> Did you check the classified ads
> here on the front page of Cattle
> Today? Otherwise, you might
> contact the breed association for
> a breeder in your area.

Glen Osprey farm. Mr. Pease has Saler semen , he is located in Canada.

[email protected]

Can I ask why you want a registered Saler bull? I've recently used them and Angus x Saler bulls sire a much more marketable retail product. And don't let anyone tell you that Saler bulls are calving ease, Their NOT. If you didn't need one right now i would go to stock shows in the midwest in the spring the Salers are good quality and they don't bring much at all.

[email protected]

The salers breed is many things but hard calving isn't one of them. Generally the salers is the easiest calving contential breed around and that is including smaller exotics like the Tarentaise. Though no breed can gurantee no assists they are usually trouble free. Most of the guys using salars bull cut 10 LB off their birth weights and that is including britsh breed cattle. Remember calving problems are not just because of the bull. Take a good hard look at the cow herd. Are they very small cows or do they have a history of calving problems? They do have a fleshing problem but the newer bull are much better. Given the quality of bulls available, a high quality purebred saler can be had at reasonable prices so why buy an unregistered crossbred?

> Can I ask why you want a
> registered Saler bull? I've
> recently used them and Angus x
> Saler bulls sire a much more
> marketable retail product. And
> don't let anyone tell you that
> Saler bulls are calving ease,
> Their NOT. If you didn't need one
> right now i would go to stock
> shows in the midwest in the spring
> the Salers are good quality and
> they don't bring much at all.

[email protected]

Salers females are easy calvers because they have the largest pelvic area of area of any cattle breed. I should know I have one. My salers bull puts 65-75 pound calves on the ground so the calving ease is even better.
My salers came out of this herd in ga they are some of the best in the country

http://www.colmorefarms.com

The herdsmans name is jason beltz

Joe colmore is the owner I think their contact information is on the website.

CommercialCattleManTN":wep189xd said:
Salers females are easy calvers because they have the largest pelvic area of area of any cattle breed. I should know I have one. My salers bull puts 65-75 pound calves on the ground so the calving ease is even better.
My salers came out of this herd in ga they are some of the best in the country

http://www.colmorefarms.com

The herdsmans name is jason beltz

Joe colmore is the owner I think their contact information is on the website.

Know let me get this right you have one cow so you are an expert on the breed. Thats a load of cow flop. Hell there a lot of bulls that throw 70 pound calves. Any cow that can't drop a 70 to 80 pounder runnin ain't much of a cow.

Learn how to read mister illiterate I have 40 gelbvieh angus balancers a salers bull and one salers female I used to have a complete registered salers herd. So yeah im a cattle expert to a certain extent. I know about balancers and salers. I even had 250 head of polled herefords back in the 70s and even had a beartooth bull and a beefmaster bull to use on em and 560 acres so yeah you could say im a cow expert. So we will leave it at that for now.

CommercialCattleManTN":1atzqpyt said:
Learn how to read mister illiterate I have 40 gelbvieh angus balancers a salers bull and one salers female I used to have a complete registered salers herd. So yeah im a cattle expert to a certain extent. I know about balancers and salers. I even had 250 head of polled herefords back in the 70s and even had a beartooth bull and a beefmaster bull to use on em and 560 acres so yeah you could say im a cow expert. So we will leave it at that for now.

Did you do any of the work or hire it out? Looks like you might of been too busy with your full time job.

CommercialCattleManTN":1atzqpyt said:
Some people have a full time job other than farming and dont have a whole lot of time to type things out.

CommercialCattleManTN":2bo3d19l said:

There you go again - you got to learn to spread a bit of honey and a bit less vinegar.

You do not know me - yeah I do not have many posts here so can be considered a newbie - but I honestly think you should read your post as if you were an outsider looking in - it says a lot of things and not many of them nice.

Remember what I told you about thick skin?

You is on your own Bubba' - you gonna' blow this and it may be that not many will mind - I expect you will not either.

Expert? In what? There's experts and there's experts.

Not all experts are experts. They just think they are.

The real experts are usually the ones who never claim to know anything. Bet you have said that at least once in your own life.

Stay well,

Bez'

CommercialCattleManTN":3gby94pu said:

I am sorry didn't mean to cut your herd of Salers in half.
You can call yourself an expert, but actually they are very few on this board and we will see how you prove yourself.
To tell you the truth not real impressed by what I have seen so far. Don't give up keep reading and trying ever one can improve. Good Luck.

I do care about things. I came on here to live harmoniously and then all these jackasses want to make a mockery of things that people say. Seems as though no matter where you go on the internet today no matter what forum or chatroom or what have you that you go into there is always that jackass that likes to instigate things seems as though there are more than one of those here. To answer the question back when I had the 560 acres yes I did manage it myself. I also taught school at the same time. It was an arduous task but I did it. Also, I have a degree in animal science so yes I have a college degree. I also have a masters degree in engineering. Not that that has anything to do with cattle its just I strive to succeed. Didnt your parents ever teach you guys that if you cant say something nice then dont say anything at all. Think before you speak instead of opening your mouth and sounding like a jackass. Now im a nice guy and I want to talk about cattle so lets talk about cattle and play nicely. Thats all I have to say for now. Your all tellin me to calm down and have thick skin Ill let things slide once or twice but if it continues I get real mad and real mean. I dont like getting like that but i dont like feeling backed into a corner. So before you post stop and think Is this gonna piss someone off is this gonna hurt someones feelings. If it is if there is any doubt then dont say anything at all. I need a break from this site so I wont post on here for a while til i calm down.

CommercialCattleManTN":952os98z said:
I need a break from this site so I wont post on here for a while til i calm down.

Good night.

Take care.

Heed your own advice.

I'd bet your the only one here worked up about this.

Latest posts