RE: My Calving Problem Post

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, Thanks to all of you that responded to my post!!2 of four calves were breeched, and the other two had large heads, and huge shoulders, which seemed to get them hung in the birth canal.My cattle are large frame, Angus, Charolais,Beefmaster, Hereford, Heinz 57 crosses. I've got 5 more head due to calve any day now from the Beeefmaster Bull I mentioned in my post. Had one calve yesterday, and thought she was having problems, but delivered O.K. the cows that died calving , lost them due to prolapse, after vet pulled calves, another one became paralyzed, and had to put her down. My cattle were not on lush pasyure at the time of calving, as all these mishaps have occured in Cold weather. I supplement them with sweetlix Tubs, and sweetlix minerals. Once again, thanks for all your replies to my problem.I've been visiting the boards here for quite a while, and figured it was time to join. Great to be part of a great bunch of folks!

Shoot the bull! If he;s already gone somewhere, find him and shoot him.

dun

I would go back to Brangus or Angus with those type cross breds.

Crowderfarms":3l6j4zjl said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, Thanks to all of you that responded to my post!!2 of four calves were breeched, and the other two had large heads, and huge shoulders, which seemed to get them hung in the birth canal.My cattle are large frame, Angus, Charolais,Beefmaster, Hereford, Heinz 57 crosses. I've got 5 more head due to calve any day now from the Beeefmaster Bull I mentioned in my post. Had one calve yesterday, and thought she was having problems, but delivered O.K. the cows that died calving , lost them due to prolapse, after vet pulled calves, another one became paralyzed, and had to put her down. My cattle were not on lush pasyure at the time of calving, as all these mishaps have occured in Cold weather. I supplement them with sweetlix Tubs, and sweetlix minerals. Once again, thanks for all your replies to my problem.I've been visiting the boards here for quite a while, and figured it was time to join. Great to be part of a great bunch of folks!

Sorry to hear of all your problems.Unfortunately that is the nature of the Ranching sometimes.

In the mid 80,s we had a similar wreck.We assisted 55% or better of our cows bred to a Charolais bull.

Welcome to the board.

Latest posts