Re-Charging Hydraulic pressure on Vermeer Roller

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
On my 554xl one of the tension hydro cylinders is leaking and needs rebuild. Also there is a couple hoses leaking that needs replaced. After I do that how do I recharge the system ? I don't see anything in the book about how to do it.

pricefarm said:
On my 554xl one of the tension hydro cylinders is leaking and needs rebuild. Also there is a couple hoses leaking that needs replaced. After I do that how do I recharge the system ? I don't see anything in the book about how to do it.

There are several ways one is to have a set of HYD hoses hooked to the tractor and to the cylinder as double acting cylinder and cycle the cylinder ten or more times and the run the cylinder rod to the bottom and install. The oil needs to be on the top side of the cylinder that is with the cylinder in the close position. I have took a small oil can and with the cylinder on the bottom filled the cylinder full. Either way will work. The oil can will work as well as the other just fill the oil can an squirt oil into the cylinder until it runs out hook all of the hoses up and you should be good to go.
Have no idea how to post a photo but this oil can at TSC would work well for you.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/goldenrod-707-oiler-12-oz

Latest posts