Ray cattle company

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the quality of animals at the Ray cattle company auction advertised on cattle today?

Paul Ray has produced quality cattle for years. This is Paul Ray 3rd Annual Angus Bull Sale. Last year the bull sale averaged $2,187 on 74 bulls. The 2006 sale is offering another strong set of bulls.
The sale is January 7th at the farm near Hackleburg, Alabama.
Ray also has a Angus Female sale in April.
Hope to see you at the sale.
Luke

Paul Ray had another outstanding Angus Bull Sale on January 7th.
62 Angus Bulls averaged $3,198.

Paul Ray has bought some outstanding bloodlines and cattle. I have been to reputation sales that he has bought cattle. I tried to go by his place last year and didn't work out. He could have some suprise packages, if he puts them in the sale. Could be good. People in the area check out the sale and report the outcome. Take Care, Sterlingbp

Hello everyone, just dropping a few words on my visit to Rays.
I'm just starting out in the Black angus realm and was pointed in the direction to Rays auction.
With a 101 in ranching/cattle in about a 2 months time, via the computer and many great pepole here in Russellville, Alabama I went in knowing what I needed.
I got what I wanted with the 2 (brothers) of the top selling bulls, for my foundation bulls. There 3rd dam sold for 114,000.00 <ACF Queen 8192>. Excellent history with the the sire as well <B/R New Desing 036> Everyone that has seen these 2 bulls have had there knees nearly buckel. I cant say enough of the top quality of bulls they had there. Top knotch offit, not to mention them free burgers:) <salute>
Cant wait to breed them come spring.
Will be at there April sale, God willing.

jscunn":1o567c62 said:
Congratulations and good luck always nice to hear about another Angus brother in the fold. :lol: check your pm.

Thank you for responce, This is a new realm for me, however, buisness is what Im about and sold my 2 companies in Miami, Fl to come to Alabama to retier, however, deer hunting and fishing just isnt enough for me with what I ended up with as far as land.
Ok now to the bulls. Lot 1 Ray Design 4036: birth date 8-10-2004,BEPD l+3.0,,,WEPD l+44,,,YEPD l+86,,,Milk l+27,,,,BW 85,,,ADJ205 843,,,,ADJ IMF 3.07,,,,ADJ UREA 14.4
#9 adjusted UREA,,,#8 WEPD,,,#9 for milk,,,#9 for $F,,,,top4% UREA?EPD top 4% for $B,,top 10% for milk EPD top 10% for $G
Brother about( Ray Design 4067) the same and wieght nearly 1700lbs.
The cows I have now are 25 I bought at an auction and are about 700-800 lbs now and wont be ready for a sire till May.
They are not registerd and spent about a dollor a pound a months or so ago. They are all black angus, however,
I was told they had "about" an 8 to 1 ratio of angus in them.
This is going to be the commercial part of my ranch and figured since I was getting into the registerd end of this wonderful realm, that I would use these fine bulls to just have a better stock of commercail cows/calves. Then my next step is to find some fine registerd "Foundation" quality cows and use the AI method with them with the Foundation bulls.
Thank you for your help.

Latest posts