Raw Milk

Help Support CattleToday:

since its fresh milk id say 7 or 8 days.but you need to watch it as milk spoils quicker in other times of the year.now you can freeze fresh milk.

bigbull338":1xztt68w said:
since its fresh milk id say 7 or 8 days.but you need to watch it as milk spoils quicker in other times of the year.now you can freeze fresh milk.
I have milk in the fridge dated 10-30-12 that is still good, gave it too the cats. So I guess at least 10-11 days so far. I put the milk in an ice chest of water/ice to bring the temp down quickly. It stay in this cold water till I need more room then it goes to the fridge. I can hold 8 gallons plus ice in the ice chest and 8 gallons in the fridge.
Blessings
Valerie
PS, I have 2 gallons of cream LOL and 3lbs of butter in the freezer!

make ice cream out of the cream.ive got a buddy that can drink a gal of raw milk a day.plus he makes 2 or 3 gal of ice cream a wk or more.

We drink over a gallon a day and feed the extra milk to the dogs, cats and chickens.
My husband is building a new pig pen and we will be feeding the extra milk to some hogs soon. Nothing better than milk fed pork.

Hey gang I have a 40 cow beef herd currently an have just given up a lease on a large cropping property. I have been given an option to lease a dairy farm in 18 months time. Just wanting some thoughts on re following. By some jersey and freesian bull calves off a good dairy farmer and rear some bulls that could be mop up bulls after AI in my future dairy hers or indeed be herd sires. :banana: :bday:

Nelson143":167wbrls said:
Hey gang I have a 40 cow beef herd currently an have just given up a lease on a large cropping property. I have been given an option to lease a dairy farm in 18 months time. Just wanting some thoughts on re following. By some jersey and freesian bull calves off a good dairy farmer and rear some bulls that could be mop up bulls after AI in my future dairy hers or indeed be herd sires. :banana: :bday:

Why? According to your other post you don't like dairying.

If you're going to be starting a dairy, I think now would be the time to look at getting females and have them bred... dairy bulls are easy to find, heifers not so much.
In his other post he doesn't make much sense either.

Its fresh milk id say 1 week .but you need to watch it as milk spoils quicker in other times of the year.now you can freeze fresh milk.

There are many variables which can determine the shelf life of milk, so that no one can say with certainty it will last X number of days in every situation. Ambient temperature and/or time of year is only part of the equation.

I've never really given it a lot of thought, because the only thing that I care about is that it stays fresh just long enough till the next milking.