Rate this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

0381.JPG

0411.JPG

040.JPG

He looks kinda weak in the topline. Not much loin to work with there. Other than that he a a passable commercial bull. I don't think I would want to keep any heifers out of him.

3waycross":2dl0f4rw said:
He looks kinda weak in the topline. Not much loin to work with there. Other than that he a a passable commercial bull. I don't think I would want to keep any heifers out of him.

ditto. anything i buy all begins with the topline and he quite clearly does not have one. to be truthful, i'd rather see him gracing the dinner table than sharing pasture with good heifers. sorry...

Jtbakv, it is hard to tell much about an animal from pictures. I have seen bulls that look great in pictures and are nothing close in person, and the same in reverse. The Cattle Range website is full of em. That being said, I agree with 3way. But take it for what it's worth, which ain't much less you see em in person.

when you say topline are you talking the sway in his back or something else?
Last year needed a bull pretty fast and he was cheap $800 and not far away. so we bought him due to his size and length really nothing else
1st calf was born on saturday and looks good.

jtbakv":1yjbx09v said:
when you say topline are you talking the sway in his back or something else?
Last year needed a bull pretty fast and he was cheap $800 and not far away. so we bought him due to his size and length really nothing else
1st calf was born on saturday and looks good.

Well you got your money's worth. Nothin wrong with that.

I agree with 3way and the others, he looks a little light fronted and needs more shape in the round. A decent bull for the money, when you can upgrade these are some of the things you can think about. Looks like you're running a decent program :tiphat: .

Larry

Late comment on this post, but he almost looks post-legged to me, and his back end looks higher than the front... The sway-back is definitely an issue, not to mention the lack of muscling on his neck and shoulders (as was mentioned before...)

Latest posts