Ranger Pulling Two Horse Trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
I was wondering if a ford ranger could pull a two horse trailer. Any info would be appriciated. Thanks Kaneranch

kaneranch":3rcfcmna said:
I was wondering if a ford ranger could pull a two horse trailer. Any info would be appriciated. Thanks Kaneranch

It can pull it, but can it stop it? If it's empty there shouldn;t be a problem but with a couple of winnys in there I sure wouldn;t take a chance.

dun

The link doesn;t work. One of those skinny one horse jobs would be marginal at best. But I like the towing vehicle to be able to dictate what the trailer does and not the other way around.

dun

A friend of mine told me today that he has seen an extended cab ranger pull a goose neck two horse. Would this be better or worse than a bumper pull.

I once saw a jeep wrangler pulling a 16 foot bumper pull with cattle. I was afraid to try and pass. I was done alongside when I saw it was a jeep pulling it. I finally passed quickly.

I have used a '85 Ranger 4x to pull an older 2 horse trailer with calves. It's a good way to use up a small truck quick.
And you better not have to stop unexpectedly. But it can be done. I looked up the silver duster but never saw a weight on it. That don't really matter your going to be over for that truck.

well I aint sure if a ranger would pull a two horse trailor but I sure wouldn't want to be the fellar to find out...I believe a two horse trailor would throw the ranger all over the road...the question you need to ask aint if the ranger can pull the trailor...its if the ranger can keep the trailor under control...personally I wouldn't dare try to pull the trailor with that truck...you might start pulling it but good luck stopping it...well my best advice would be to find a smaller trailor that your truck will pull safely

Have a good day and I hope you find a trailor

I pull a four bale self unloading round bale trailer with a little nissan 4 x 4 in the winter time. However, my top speed is only around 30 on country roads (no highway).

If the ranger has the 6 cyl engine and a brake control, I think the little WW type horse trailers would be ok.

As far as suburbans, lots of folks pull 6 - 8000 pound travel trailers with suburbans (and RVs are much harder pulling due to the frontal area). Should be a problem with the sub.

Here's you an estimated empty weight (1900) for a similar trailer.

http://burkhaltertrailers.com/CM-BP-HS.html

80507d.jpg

Small truck (Ranger, Dakota, S-10) + Stock Trailer = Recipe for Disaster. Even with good trailer brakes, its an accident waiting to happen - something that will likely be seen on the evening news.

Latest posts