random septic tank inspections

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43 said:
Our County Tax Appraiser puts a $13000 value on each septic system at $2.00 per hundred dollar value that equates to $260 tax per year per septic system. If it is not used it is taxed, it does not matter if it was put in by hand 60 years ago it is still taxed.

It cost to feed tyranny .

Neighbor was just having trouble with his septic. He dug up the old one. Said it was a 50 gallon drum with 40 feet of drain pipe. Said the "drain rock" looked like they just went down to the river and took a couple scoops from a gravel bar. I don't know how he fixed it. Neither does anyone else, but we aren't asking. He does own a backhoe so I am sure it is up to code.

littletom said:
herofan said:
Interesting. My septic tank was put in during the 60s. We don't have any kind of required inspections. There are still some farm houses around here where the sink just runs through a pipe and out in a field or over a hill.

It's not just sinks.

We have an old house at the farm with one bathroom and a system like that.

I recently built some fence for some folks from Washington state. They where very pleased with the fence, but not to happy about the cedar trees that had to be removed to clear the fence line...#treelivesmatter

callmefence said:
I recently built some fence for some folks from Washington state. They where very pleased with the fence, but not to happy about the cedar trees that had to be removed to clear the fence line...#treelivesmatter

They are a different bunch! Complain about you clearing a lot to build a house, do they think their parcel was not forest before their house was built.

King county is the worst, Mayor "Jenny never jerked a gurken Durkin " is ruining the place.

Son of Butch said:
In our county the septic system is required to pass inspection to transfer title/deed, even for
within family transfers. I would think that would eliminate the need for any random government
inspections.

Thankful it is not that bad here, yet. Need a septic field for mortgage here, that's it. No restrictions to land transfer.

Run ejector here and wouldn't even consider septic field unless it was free. Think ejectors are banned in most of Canada. Septic fields are not problem-free in places where frost can go down 8'.

Latest posts