Rancher grazing his cows on my land- help!

Help Support CattleToday:

I would just shoot one of them and butcher it yourself and throw it in the freezer maybe that will make up for the damage. And when he starts noticing he is losing his heard he will stop coming back or better yet ask you about it and I would say yeah apparently someone's getting Hungry better hope they don't get to starving..lol I don't know what the law is there but around these parts if a Person does that us Hillbilly's will shoot'em and grill'em! Nothing to charge someone with if there's no evidence and your backyard family reunion ate all the meat..lol

Arkansas":ay6q3ezc said:
I would just shoot one of them and butcher it yourself and throw it in the freezer maybe that will make up for the damage. And when he starts noticing he is losing his heard he will stop coming back or better yet ask you about it and I would say yeah apparently someone's getting Hungry better hope they don't get to starving..lol I don't know what the law is there but around these parts if a Person does that us Hillbilly's will shoot'em and grill'em! Nothing to charge someone with if there's no evidence and your backyard family reunion ate all the meat..lol

Problem with that is someone alway's run's their mouth and you are caught.
Nothing worse than a bunch of drunk hillbillies they will have to tell every person they see where they got the meat for the party.

Arkansas":2ugbhtxh said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: This faggle gives himself away every time. Called it from post #1. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Caustic Burno":38bh1k3v said:
Arkansas":38bh1k3v said:

Problem with that is someone alway's run's their mouth and you are caught.
Nothing worse than a bunch of drunk hillbillies they will have to tell every person they see where they got the meat for the party.

I don't think I could just sit around and watch that being done to my own property. Just talk to the guy and tell him what his cattle are doing and see what he does from there. If he keeps it up, go find him & give him a country azz whoopin and let him know another will follow if it doesn't stop. Worse he can do is press charges. I don't know what a battery charge is there but around here its only $450 & Misdemenor and from the sound of it, seems he has done that kinda damage already ? I don't know to many people who are willing to take more then 1 azz whoopin if it was good enough the first time..lol

greybeard":1c7sm57z said:
Awright--fess up.

Which one of ya is runin cow's on the Schiller place?

Its me. Trucked 'em all the way out there too. No cattle drives for me.

4 pages to this thread already! ?? Bez said it all. Can't top that.

Been taking care of other business, but just read up to date- thanks for all the recommendations. I'm going to try to reinforce the fence along the road-front and put up hotwire- hope it works.

Someone asked what the cows drink; it's not dry country all the time here. We get rain this time of year and there are a couple seasonal creeks that run nearby. But during summer, the rain stops and things get bone dry. He usually picks the cows up around the time things dry up. They aren't here year round.

As far as the person who posted the Dep of Ag link with the cattle laws- I was specifically told by the department of Ag that they do NOT handle rogue cows and that I should call the sheriff- sheriff said it was a civil matter but I could try the SPCA, SPCA said they don't work outside city limits and don't handle livestock so try sheriff etc. I've read the laws on that site, but they're just about proof of ownership, so not sure how that helps with grazing? I know shooting cows is illegal here. I've read about other people in situations similar to mine being arrested after shooting cows on their property. They're actually charged with "cruelty to animals" among other things. But that's California- you do anything with a gun here and you get arrested. If you even have a rifle in your car during a traffic stop, you can expect to get pulled out of the car and handcuffed at gunpoint till they make sure the gun is legal. I'm amazed that a state this "regulated" doesn't seem to have anyone to deal with loose livestock.

Anyways, thanks again for all the suggestions, an special thanks to Bez who took the time to give some very good details. :hat: :heart:

Lost me when supposedly drove by his house and he chased him. Post before said he didn't live anywhere near there. Sketchy?

Latest posts