Ranch Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Has any one attended one of these ranch sales lately for Angus, Hereford, etc? Curious what prices are looking like with what all is going on. Wonder if its business as usual or if this may be a good time to buy some good cattle.

W4 has one coming up April 17 and I'm a little surprised they are moving forward with it.

Brute 23 said:
Has any one attended one of these ranch sales lately for Angus, Hereford, etc? Curious what prices are looking like with what all is going on. Wonder if its business as usual or if this may be a good time to buy some good cattle.

W4 has one coming up April 17 and I'm a little surprised they are moving forward with it.
Haven't personally attended any sales other than one on March 14, and the demand for bulls that day was strong; heifers, not so much. It appears that a lot of folks are moving forward and having their sales as planned, though some have postponed them to a later date. Saw that Connealy Angus had its big bull sale this past Saturday and by the looks of the sale report at www.Angus.org they did very well given our current state of affairs.

2020 may be the year of liquidations. I believe I would keep your powder dry for awhile.

I would like to buy 10 heifers pair first calf heifer or second calf heifer I live in Pierce,Nebraska. Can someone recommend for me where should I go to buy it ? Thank you

Brute 23 said:

Brute did you make it to the W4 sale? That place is only about 25 miles from me. They usually have some very good stock and they usually bring good prices. Don't know how the current situation might have affected them.

TexasBred said:
Brute 23 said:

Brute did you make it to the W4 sale? That place is only about 25 miles from me. They usually have some very good stock and they usually bring good prices. Don't know how the current situation might have affected them.

Yes I did. Their cattle look really functional, they are definitely not pets. I dont think they push the feed like some of the others I have seen. They were extremely nice people and took the time to talk or answer any questions.

They had a lot of buyers buying online or over the phone so it looked like a strong sale to me. I'll definitely be doing some business with them in the future.

I was on the phone and missed a turn between 35 and Meridian. GPS sent me down some back roads and I ended up looking at a 1 lane bridge, at night, with the trailer, on a one lane road with trees down both sides of the ditch. :) I'm pretty sure I was dragging the tires of the trailer down each side of the bridge. A 7' wide would not have made it.

At some point I will go back and get some females. I want to see if they will hold up down here.

Latest posts