Ranch Rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm looking for something different and my brother-in-law mentioned a Saiga model IZ-114. This is a .223. Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this rifle?

keysbottles":2b9jx8oy said:
I'm looking for something different and my brother-in-law mentioned a Saiga model IZ-114. This is a .223. Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this rifle?

Why not get the Saiga in 7.62x39 ?
It would be a better caliber for a ranch rifle.
If you want a .223 get an AR.

I've carried a model 700 308 for years but the padding in my shoulder seems to be going south in my old age,,,I need something with less recoil. From what I've heard the Saiga with the AK frame would stand up to the less than favorable conditions behind the truck seat and on the mule. The AR does not like dirt! I'm looking for a semi auto because it takes me more than one shot sometime to hit a running coyotes. Sucks to get old.

Aw just get a Mosin Nagant--they're easy on the shoulder. :lol2:
;-)
Takes about a week to clean all the cosmolene off tho.

keysbottles":25plhe1o said:
I've carried a model 700 308 for years but the padding in my shoulder seems to be going south in my old age,,,I need something with less recoil. From what I've heard the Saiga with the AK frame would stand up to the less than favorable conditions behind the truck seat and on the mule. The AR does not like dirt! I'm looking for a semi auto because it takes me more than one shot sometime to hit a running coyotes. Sucks to get old.

I have an H&K 300 in 22 mag in the safe that is one fine varmit rifle in a semi auto.
It is not a gun to knock around in the truck.

Well you can still get a relatively cheap Sks's in7.62x39 that is a great truck gun. 10 rd fixed mag semi - auto. We shoot hogs with them almost every week and absolutely no recoil. My 7 yo grandson shoots one that I shortened the stock on.

Latest posts