Ran over and killed a squirrel

Help Support CattleToday:

What I hate is the unmistakable sound of a tortoise hidden in the weeds and grass being crushed when a tire rolls over them.

ga.prime":29pjv40p said:
What I hate is the unmistakable sound of a tortoise hidden in the weeds and grass being crushed when a tire rolls over them.
I don't think you would like the sound that squirrel made when hanging from his nutz either.

If you ever swerve too hard and roll a vehicle into the ditch, to miss a squirrel, I am pretty sure I will know how you feel then.

M.Magis":37lh1oyd said:
Nesikep":37lh1oyd said:
M5, 3way, What do I consider typical trophy hunting?.. Taking bears for example, it's just for a head and hide.. if you make use of the rest of the animal for more than show, I can live with that just fine, as hunting for a nice buck, you eat the meat and mount the rack.
That's not true at all. Bear meat is very good, at least black bear meat. Not sure about brown/grizzly. And there are other reasons some for hunting, particularly population control.

Well if the population needs to be controlled, then by all means go for it, but don't give farmers a hard time for shooting the darned animals when they're wreaking havoc on their crops either... I've had bear meat too, 2 year old apple-fed bears have wonderful ribs when barbequed!, I hear it's great smoked as well. I've had mountain lion too, and it was very coarse, but was otherwise pretty good.. Probably had some garfields at chinese restaurants too, I just didn't know.

Deepsouth, that's a new type of squirrel trap, I guess it only works on the males though!

Here's the heaviest duty mousetrap I've ever seen ;)... And I thought it was just the tracks squeaking
IMG_0337.jpg

Nesikep":1bfakv7n said:
I like all animals, except PACK RATS.. darned do they STINK and make a mess, but even some of them I have pity about, because they're an amazingly intelligent animal.. heaven forbid the trap doesn't catch them the first time, they will not fall for any other trap! Then there's all the other pests we have around here that are SSS, but I do have regrets about having to get rid of them, some are cute, young, furry, and rather innocent, but I know that in 1 or 2 years, they're going to be serious hazards and just not be quite as cute anymore, and just make BIG damage around here... They do have 5000 square miles where they will be undisturbed, so get the he|| back in there and leave me alone.
I am against typical sport hunting.. How about instead of making it marginally legal to shoot pests on your land, you eliminate sport hunting and call it a free-for-all when these animals are in your back yard. It would make a lot more sense than allowing people to go in the backcountry and 'chase' the animals into 'civilized' areas and telling the residents "here.. deal with it".

Nesikep: I have hunted since I was 10 years old. I have hunted the largest land animal extant today. I would not exclude myself from hunting in the future. I appreciate what you mean. I make a sincere effort to avoid being an advocate for my values and standards. I will announce them freely but I don't want to peddle them on others. The freedom to adopt/formulate one's values and live by your own standards is important. BTW: Your statement was not a promotion. It was an announcement. As I read what you said, you said that you are against typical sport hunting. That is your privilege.

Ouachita":1gaq9hnm said:
jrn28":1gaq9hnm said:
It could have been a lot worse inyati13, a few years back I was driving my girlfriend home from work and a little bunny ran right under my rear passenger tire. As I watched it lie motioneless in my side view mirror, I get caught with a jab to the eye from K. Needless to say she want home walking.

So the point is you didn't get hit in the eye!
That's one way of her telling you the rabbit died :lol2:
You do realize you're now going to have to explain to all these young folks what this phrase means. :lol2: :lol2:

Well if the population needs to be controlled, then by all means go for it, but don't give farmers a hard time for shooting the darned animals when they're wreaking havoc on their crops either... I've had bear meat too, 2 year old apple-fed bears have wonderful ribs when barbequed!, I hear it's great smoked as well. I've had mountain lion too, and it was very coarse, but was otherwise pretty good.. Probably had some garfields at chinese restaurants too, I just didn't know.

Deepsouth, that's a new type of squirrel trap, I guess it only works on the males though![/quote]

That makes sense now Nesi. I have a fairly serious personal rule when it comes to hunting..........If it eats meat I don't eat it.

My wife said she killed a rattlesnake today and cried about it. She was mowing with a push mower and it coiled up and she pushed the mower over it. Cut it into 3 pieces and they were all moving.

highgrit":392v7zoq said:
My wife said she killed a rattlesnake today and cried about it. She was mowing with a push mower and it coiled up and she pushed the mower over it. Cut it into 3 pieces and they were all moving.
That's wonderful news!! But you need a better lawnmower..or different type of blades.

TexasBred":26c4hjmi said:
Ouachita":26c4hjmi said:
jrn28":26c4hjmi said:
It could have been a lot worse inyati13, a few years back I was driving my girlfriend home from work and a little bunny ran right under my rear passenger tire. As I watched it lie motioneless in my side view mirror, I get caught with a jab to the eye from K. Needless to say she want home walking.

So the point is you didn't get hit in the eye!
That's one way of her telling you the rabbit died :lol2:
You do realize you're now going to have to explain to all these young folks what this phrase means. :lol2: :lol2:
Interesting. I googled it so I could paste the meanings. There is only the meaning of being pregnant. All my life it could mean pregnant OR in most cases "the fun is over" with or without pregnancy being a factor. I guess my intent was handicapped by geography. As Paul Harvey would say "it's not one world, yet"

Ouachita":374ziqga said:
Interesting. I googled it so I could paste the meanings. There is only the meaning of being pregnant. All my life it could mean pregnant OR in most cases "the fun is over" with or without pregnancy being a factor. I guess my intent was handicapped by geography. As Paul Harvey would say "it's not one world, yet"
Yep...when the rabbit died it mean "You gonna be a daddy boy". :mrgreen: