Ran out of my Pneumonia Vaccine

Help Support CattleToday:

bmoore87

Reaction score
http://www.jefferspet.com/products/pasteurella-vaccine

Research has shown that effective artificial immunization of cattle against Pasteurellosis is possible. Antibodies to leukotoxin and certain bacterial surface components appear to be important for disease immunity and resistance. Colorado Serum Company's Mannheimia Haemolytica-Pasteurella Multocida Bacterin contains Mannheimia haemolytica Types 1 and 2 and Pasteurella multocida Type A. The key to getting a good immunologic response to vaccination is to vaccinate before imposing the stressful events such as weaning and transportation to feedlots.

The vaccine I usually use is out of stock was looking around and found this from Colorado Serum. Looks good according to the label but it is quite a bit cheaper than our regular pneumonia vaccine. Which makes me think it might be to good to be true, so seeing if anyone has used it or can see if there is something Im missing.

Thanks,

PBS is the normally where I shop. They said they thought their is a manufacturing issue since their is a couple months backlog on the vaccine.