Rake

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Any ever seen a rollabar (side delivery) rake set up with hydraulics to raise and lower it?

Thanks

images

That opens and closes it but doesn't adjust the height

Interesting. The ony problem I see is the cost of having to fabricate the moounting system would end up as much as using another cylinder (1 for each side)

Ive never used one of these but think it should be fairly simple. When we used side delivery rakes we had 3 point hitch type.

could you not use a Draw bar and lift the tongue to raise it and have a preset on the control to lower to a specific spot

M-5":o6mdnyml said:

Ive never used one of these but think it should be fairly simple. When we used side delivery rakes we had 3 point hitch type.

could you not use a Draw bar and lift the tongue to raise it and have a preset on the control to lower to a specific spot
If the tongue gets raised the rear set of teeth get closer to the ground.

M-5":12nz7f4r said:
How about mounting a hydraulic screw to the shaft that's already there.
My plan, if I get to it, is to replace both screws with cylinders.

I use a side delivery like the last picture and pull it with a drawbar on the lift arms. When I come to cross a row, I just pick up all the way and cross over. If the row is high, some will get pulled, but not enough to worry about on my part. The teeth in the back don't drop that much either, because the bars are following the radius of the ends. Tilted up by lifting will bring the arms moving more horizontally than going down and then up. The only problem I have is turning sharp with the drawbar lifted high. The front will bind up and want to twist the rake to where one tire will come off the ground.

A sure way to solve your problem would be to trade both of your rakes for an older 3 point hitch New Holland. That way you don't have to worry about the tires sliding when in very thick hay. Plus lifting is solved.

Latest posts