RAISING BUCKING BULLS

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

If i have a bull calf that is about 3 months old and about 300 lbs. , how/when do i start training him to buck? because i want to be able to buck him at our farm for practice. please email me your responses also

[email protected]

> If i have a bull calf that is
> about 3 months old and about 300
> lbs. , how/when do i start
> training him to buck? because i
> want to be able to buck him at our
> farm for practice. please email me
> your responses also

Don't do anything but feed him for at least a year. He needs to develope size and strength before you can buck him. When you do buck him step off every time he turns back and when he bucks well. He will think he through you off and remeber to do it the next time. Some people use a dummy with a electronic release to do this. Odds are not in your favor. Probably not one in thirty bulls will make much of a bucking bull. You might be better off to buy two-year old bulls look like they move well and try them out. Remember bucking bulls don't have to be mean and mean bulls don't always buck. If this is to use for a practice bull being mean is definately not an advantage. Good Luck Dave

> Don't do anything but feed him for
> at least a year. He needs to
> develope size and strength before
> you can buck him. When you do buck
> him step off every time he turns
> back and when he bucks well. He
> will think he through you off and
> remeber to do it the next time.
> Some people use a dummy with a
> electronic release to do this.
> Odds are not in your favor.
> Probably not one in thirty bulls
> will make much of a bucking bull.
> You might be better off to buy
> two-year old bulls look like they
> move well and try them out.
> Remember bucking bulls don't have
> to be mean and mean bulls don't
> always buck. If this is to use for
> a practice bull being mean is
> definately not an advantage. Good
> Luck Dave

most bulls are not trained to buck. i used to ride bulls. im trying to get in the rodeo bussiness raising bulls. all the information i have got is that they are bred to buck. good luck

[email protected]