Raised bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":g7w88ean said:
He was born 2-29-16, sired by Mr Amigo out of a Beef Maker cow.
Kingfisher - I can ask, but he is in NY, quite a haul to Texas! I'm sure not much. He wants to get his money out of him to buy a bull calf. I have buyers that buy a calf, raise him out, use two season, ship & use money to buy new calf. Calves this year are $1850

I'd pay $2k for him. But the freight to GA wouldn't be much better.

greatgerts":x0w8732o said:
True Grit Farms":x0w8732o said:
Looks like a professional picture.

Never seen a professional cattle picture quite from that angle.

That looks about the way I take them. Lol

That was Vince who said that. So keep that in mind. ;-)

Bright Raven":ahelqae0 said:
greatgerts":ahelqae0 said:
True Grit Farms":ahelqae0 said:
Looks like a professional picture.

My sense of humor isn't making it through the Internet. In one thread recently on CT folks were saying you needed a professional photographer to make a good bull look good. To me this is a picture of a good bull.

True Grit Farms":myj5uzcb said:
Bright Raven":myj5uzcb said:
greatgerts":myj5uzcb said:

My sense of humor isn't making it through the Internet. In one thread recently on CT folks were saying you needed a professional photographer to make a good bull look good. To me this is a picture of a good bull.

Common sense is not common. As you recently told me.

Vince, Greatgerts is correct. That is not the angle a professional uses. Has nothing to do with how good the bull is.

Bright Raven":32grhba1 said:
True Grit Farms":32grhba1 said:
Bright Raven":32grhba1 said:

Vince, Greatgerts is correct. That is not the angle a professional uses. Has nothing to do with how good the bull is.
Maybe some of the professionals need to take note. This bull looks a lot better than some of the bulls in the magazines.

True Grit Farms":6u6umlsa said:
Bright Raven":6u6umlsa said:
True Grit Farms":6u6umlsa said:

Maybe some of the professionals need to take note. This bull looks a lot better than some of the bulls in the magazines.

I am not good at photos. Fire Sweep is. The criticism I get most often is not being "squared up" to the animal so the top line, depth and form can be evaluated. I think Kris or Jeanne can help us out on this discussion.

True Grit Farms":237ve0h4 said:
Bright Raven":237ve0h4 said:
True Grit Farms":237ve0h4 said:

I agree with True Grit.

Gators Rule":13lk3f6w said:
True Grit Farms":13lk3f6w said:
Bright Raven":13lk3f6w said:

I agree with True Grit.

You and Grit might be on to a new approach to Bovine photography.

The current state of the art is to square up to the subject and shoot the animal at a 90 degree angle.

I hope as Grit says "the professionals take note" because I actually agree. I like the way I take "natural" pictures of my cattle. I don't care what Kris says, even if she is right.

;-)

It has more to do with the subject than the angle. When the subject has a weak link it might need squaring up, or the offside rear leg forward yada yada. Some even use hair, some use hay, some groom, some even shampoo and blow dry. But when you have a good subject it doesn't take much of a picture to sell them.

True Grit Farms":1pc5xz8c said:
It has more to do with the subject than the angle. When the subject has a weak link it might need squaring up, or the offside rear leg forward yada yada. Some even use hair, some use hay, some groom, some even shampoo and blow dry. But when you have a good subject it doesn't take much of a picture to sell them.

Gotcha.

Gators Rule":11g9tcmm said:
True Grit Farms":11g9tcmm said:
Bright Raven":11g9tcmm said:

I agree with True Grit.

I agree also.

Sorry all - I've been at NY State Fair, helping Angus breeders show.
ASA # 3099275 He has great pedigree and super great numbers (even I'm impressed with his numbers, at least the numbers I am interested in)
I pm'd nagwag & talked to him.
I "think" we are only seeing 1 testicle.
Sometimes, a 3/4 shot is really super:

It does depend on the subject. I wasn't trying to get a picture of this cow. She saw me come out of the house, & I pulled out my phone.

Latest posts