rainy day piddling

Help Support CattleToday:

Very nice, is that hand stitched or machine stitched? All it needs now is a bit of weathering that they get from being strapped to your belt for a couple of years. Booger the oiling, I just like the natural petina the leather gets from just being there day in and day out. I think use and movement preserves the leather more than all the oiling.

Ken

Very very nice Darryl. Fine talent you have and great to see you're not wasting it. Did you make the knife as well?

Edited to add: I spent the afternoon working on the seat suspension for a 4430. Deere wanted $9xx. Just the suspension. No seat. I ordered new bushings, races, bolts, washers, and rollers for $120. A can of PB blaster, liquid wrench, some JB Weld, a big hammer, punch, a few wrenches, and about 4 hours and she works as good as the day she was new 40 years ago. And I'm just a tiny bit smarter than I was when I started. Not to mention the $800 I still have.

Hand stitched , killed the deer last I used for handle. Lawnmower blade for knife. I just used tge torch to treat the blade and temper it. I prefer to hammer out a blade but that adds considerable time. Raw leather needs at least 1 good oiling to set the pores , I to prefer natural look . I will put it on the dash of my truck a few days and sun will darken it

M-5":11dnyw2h said:
Hand stitched , killed the deer last I used for handle. Lawnmower blade for knife. I just used tge torch to treat the blade and temper it. I prefer to hammer out a blade but that adds considerable time. Raw leather needs at least 1 good oiling to set the pores , I to prefer natural look . I will put it on the dash of my truck a few days and sun will darken it

Very nice uniform stitching, could have fooled me.

Ken

Latest posts