Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
A quarter inch here at the house but 8/10 in the pastures. Two dry tanks are still dry. Looking at all the flooding around me and wondering why I keep getting missed.

Thankful for what I got.

We have had f-all for rain this year too, not much snowpack at the higher elevations... got a little on friday night, but everything was dry by noon... We haven't had a good rain here this year yet. Watch, it'll come when I want to cut hay!

Same here BHB, we got .25 in the southern part of Bosque County. We'll take what we can get, but some more rain would sure be nice!

Radar looks like I got a good drenching today. Maybe even some water in the stock tank.

I am glad that some one who needs it is getting some rain. We are actually getting sun shine which is great. Maybe the creeks will drop enough to put my heifers out to pasture.

6/10 in my little corner of Erath county today, it will help the grass a little, but we need first about an 8" rain, then a good rain right after that. I managed to find some year-old hay and paid more than I wanted, but I hauled it out real quick before the guy could change his mind.

Light steady rain showers here for the last few hours.Good slow rain. We need it.

Forecast for Cleveland Texas:
Monday 05/12 80%
Showers and thunderstorms. Lows overnight in the upper 60s.

Monday Night 05/12 80%
Isolated thunderstorms this evening becoming more widespread overnight. Low 69F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Tuesday 05/13 90%
Thunderstorms. High 74F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

Tuesday Night 05/13 90%
Light rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers late. Low near 60F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

Wednesday 05/14 90%
Periods of rain. High around 70F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

txffamom":3vq2rcc6 said:
GB, can you go blow some this way please? It hasn't made it this far and we sure could use some.
Wish I could now. What a difference 1 nigh makes. This, has became a 'rain event' here on my place. Still too dark to see how bad, but I can already tell I'll be moving some cows around early this morning.
Stormed, wind, and hail during the night, hard hard rain. Wunderground weather says we got 3 inches since midnight but I think we got more than that. I emptied it yesterday morning, and my rain gauge is running over at 4". Ponds running over, spread out X2 normal full size.
Right now, everything is still running toward my east property line, San Jacinto river. Wed morning, whatever fell up between here and Huntsville is going to be down here, and the river will start trying to push back this way accross the pastures.

Looks like the stats since midnight just got updated:

Pressure 30.04 in
Visibility 2.5 miles
Clouds Scattered Clouds 500 ft
Scattered Clouds 900 ft
Overcast 3400 ft
Dew Point 65 °F
Humidity 98%
Rainfall 6.40 in

We done got another 1/2" since I made that post.
Pressure 30.06 in
Visibility 2.5 miles
Clouds Scattered Clouds 500 ft
Scattered Clouds 900 ft
Overcast 3400 ft
Dew Point 65 °F
Humidity 98%
Rainfall 6.9 in

After a mostly dry day, it has started raining again here.
Looks like the old Trinity is on the rise too.

Flood Warning for the Trinity River near Moss Bluff. * From Thursday afternoon to late Saturday night...or until the warning is cancelled. * At 0830 PM Tuesday the stage was 4.7 feet. * Minor flooding is forecast. * Flood stage is 12.2 feet. * Forecast...will begin to rise Thursday. Levels expected to reach 12 feet by Friday afternoon and continue to rise to near 13.0 feet by Saturday evening.

Latest posts