Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got high hopes for this one too. We haven't gotten even enough to settle the dust in the last few "events". Last weekend it poured at my office in Waco, and when I got home (30 miles south) nothing. It's beyond sad this drought. I spent the day in Milam County, and saw so many starving cattle (I'm talking about you can count the knobs on their backbones) I wanted to cry. I don't even know what a rain at this point will do. The coastal is gone, don't know what the rye grass will do. But hopefully everyone gets some tonight or tomorrow.

Got a 30% chance of rain today and tonight. As always we can use it.
My wheat and marshal rye is about 4 inches high and thick as fleas on a dog's back. :clap:

Cal

Caustic Burno":wlnb3q7c said:
bigbull338":wlnb3q7c said:
i think we got less than an .5 of rain since last nite.

We got that in the fifteen minutes I was standing on the porch, you could actually see the float in the rain gauge rising.
It doesn't count if it's under the eave of the house CB. :lol:

Isomade":2nngnxrc said:
Caustic Burno":2nngnxrc said:
bigbull338":2nngnxrc said:
i think we got less than an .5 of rain since last nite.

We got that in the fifteen minutes I was standing on the porch, you could actually see the float in the rain gauge rising.
It doesn't count if it's under the eave of the house CB. :lol:

I wasn't peeing in it butthead I was on the porch not the gauge had to come in or get wet. I have a 10' wide porch and water is hitting the front door and is coming straight down. It is like looking at fog. I haven't seen rain like this in a couple of years.

We got 3/4" rain. Wheat was nearly gone,it has greened up a bit all ready.
I think parts of area had an Inch,cousin lives in Bastrop said he got an inch.
I think Austin north had more.
Things looking a bit better.

Got 2.5 inches this evening ... We had 4.5 last week .. before the rain started I set some post .. after the first 6 inches the dirt was dry as a bone ... We need a 3 day 6 inch rain to soak in ...

JSCATTLE":2nvztucx said:
Got 2.5 inches this evening ... We had 4.5 last week .. before the rain started I set some post .. after the first 6 inches the dirt was dry as a bone ... We need a 3 day 6 inch rain to soak in ...

We got 2" and it came down to fast most of it ran off in the creek.
I will get to drag the rock back up the driveway.

JSCATTLE":2f2q7xem said:

We got 2 inches came down to hard, most ended up in the creek.

We had snow on Vet's day -- about an inch. Was gone by late in the day, the next day. Drizzle yesterday, but it's getting colder. One of our major mt. passes (Snoqualmie, I-90 to/from Seattle)was closed for awhile twice over the last few days.

I got snowed on on two different days while elk hunting last week. And I was only a little over 2,000 feet in elevation and far enough west that you can see the ocean from a clear ridge. They are talking about openning Crystal Mountain ski resort this weekend. It ran clear until July from last years snow. Global warming isn't working too well here.