Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Any body getting any of the rain here in Texas?
How about your way Vette? Looks like some of it's gonna make it here in Montague county. Hope so anyhow.
Wore out a pair of boots doing the rain dance.

Cal

A little rouge shower came thru yesterday afternoon and we got 3/10ths. Finally my turn, neighbor said he didn't get much more than a sprinkle. Just beginning to rain to the nort and east of us. Looks like we are going to be out of the arc to the dry side. Looks like one of those 50/50 chances of a 100% chance everywhere but here. :shock: 10 day outlook has a chance for the next 10 days. I'm sure that is going to happen too. :lol: Oh well it is usually already 80+ by this time, it is only 72 now. Glady y'all have a good chance in getting some, hope we trip a litte up too.

Calman":122eehu5 said:
How about your way Vette? Looks like some of it's gonna make it here in Montague county. Hope so anyhow.
Cal
Looks like it worked. Lammie, Peg...I think Calman just took your job. :p

1982vett":3q7ecpxw said:
Calman":3q7ecpxw said:
Cal
Looks like it worked. Lammie, Peg...I think Calman just took your job. :p
I wouldn't want to take Lammie's job away,but what or whoever made it rain I'm sure glad it happend.
Over 4" already here in my part.
Vette I'm sure glad you got some real rain. :clap: :clap: And all the rest that badly needed it.

Cal

Calman":153sxqmj said:

Cal

Yep raining here right now looks like we will get another hay cutting now.
Had only got two this year usually get four it was to wet in April May and the rain shut off until now.

Caustic Burno":30habior said:
Calman":30habior said:

Cal

Had only got two this year usually get four it was to wet in April May and the rain shut off until now.

Good to hear CB.

Cal

It has been raining more of less all the time since Friday night. Rained out Alvarado's homecoming game. Just raining in sheets at times and them gently but it hasn't stopped. It's raining this morning. Our yard looks like a lake. We needed it, but maybe not all at once. I'll take it. I'll be able to graze till November now.

Caustic Burno":12cd0i4u said:
Calman":12cd0i4u said:

Cal

10 1/4 inches here since Thursday.

The next cutting of hay is not going to be as good because it is going to grow like wildfire, but I am going to have a lot more of it.

Rye, Oats and Wheat are in the ground. This should do it for me.

backhoeboogie":1avqr3nb said:
Rye, Oats and Wheat are in the ground. This should do it for me.
I've been waiting for a sign of rain before planting anything. Guess I missed the memo. :p Oh well, the way it is greening up and being short 30% of the herd I won't be in a pinch for early winter grazing like we usually are. Ordered the oat seed Friday so it should be here this week. I'll get started on the planting soon.

Latest posts