Rain!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
About two this morning. Big storm and it rained for about an hour, hard. I don't know how much yet but we really needed it and I hope it perks things up around here. I was just sitting on the back porch with a big smile on my face and a prayer of thanksgiving in my heart. There's nothing like a break in a drought to make your spirits soar, even if it is only temporary. I'll take whatever I can get. This will really help.

I hope others farther south and west got some rain. I don't know where this came from, as our showers normally come out of West Texas, but last night they were talking about storms in Oklahoma and we don't normally get rain from that direction. I have long since given up on watching the weather. I just heard about this on the radio. Guess I'll have to watch the news to see where this line came from.

I don't really care where it came from. As far as I am concerned, they came from Heaven as an answer to a prayer.

Glad you got some. Hay making is risky business here now due to the scattered showers. Isolated clouds are apt to drop an inch on a couple of square miles while the rest goes without. Its like a roullette game now and I don't like to gamble.

Lammie,that's wonderful!!! :D I'm hopeing to sit on the porch and watch it rain soon-well,if I don't get out in it and dance :banana:

:p Peg, the raindance comes before the rain...get busy.

Few showers in the area but for some real rain it looks to me like the I-35 barrier is still going to be in force.

sat_None_anim.gif

it started thundering an lighting here at 8pm last nite.an 2 or 3hrs after that started getting some rain.think we got about 1.5in.an that will keep the grass growing good.

Remember,Texas droughts end in Texas flash floods!
Y'all be careful out there..

We had an inch or little better yesterday right before dark. Have chances of rain all the way thru next Thursday.

Some people were trying to tell me the drought is suppose to end over the next two months. How they know that, I don't know. :D I smarted off and told them then it would have to start raining tomorrow then. Sure enough... :oops: Monday is going to be tuff.

1982vett":23jhmnbr said:
Pretty much tells the story

usa.gif

I don't think I'll ever get to cut hay. Army worms are already out and about and the grass is knee deep in some fields. I hate to do it but it looks like I'm going to have to use a crop duster to put the sevin out to keep from tracking the fields. Its supposed to clear up but its not looking like it. If it cleared up today I think it would take an extra day to steam cure the hay and with these wild clouds that keep coming in this would be a crap shoot to be sure.

While I know the alternative is worse and I'm not complaining about the rain but I do wish I could send it your way for a week or two assuming of course you will also take the 88% humidity.

Brute 23":36x9bvwd said:
We had an inch or little better yesterday right before dark. Have chances of rain all the way thru next Thursday.

Some people were trying to tell me the drought is suppose to end over the next two months. How they know that, I don't know. :D I smarted off and told them then it would have to start raining tomorrow then. Sure enough... :oops: Monday is going to be tuff.
:lol: Don't worry about that, just ask them next Thursday if they got enough rain. ;-) Then watch em tuck tail.

Jogeephus":3v33hrph said:
While I know the alternative is worse and I'm not complaining about the rain but I do wish I could send it your way for a week or two assuming of course you will also take the 88% humidity.
88% isn't enough, we want 100%. :p These 100+ degree days are getting old. We had north wind yesterday afternoon, wasn't blowing like it has been, but it was 98 at the time. Today was supposed to be our best chance of rain, looks like that turned out to be yesterday.

I got rain yesterday, this morning about 3 and again this morning at 7. I here thunder to my west so I guess will get another shower shortly. I'm really beginning to get behind but there is only so much equipment servicing you can do.

:lol: Yep, sooner or later you get caught up, or realize doing nothing makes more cents than trying to be productive. Hence all the time spent on the computer.
Not helping the belt either. :frowns:

Glad you got some rain, Lammie. It was spotty around here and we didn't get any this time.. :( But we do have lower temps. It's only 89 degrees here at noon. It's been over 100 for about a week. And they're only forecasting 90s for the next week or so. Grass is still green; though not growing much. We have been much worse off in July than we are this year. And August is still ahead....

Frankie":190n42nt said:
Glad you got some rain, Lammie. It was spotty around here and we didn't get any this time.. :( But we do have lower temps. It's only 89 degrees here at noon. It's been over 100 for about a week. And they're only forecasting 90s for the next week or so. Grass is still green; though not growing much. We have been much worse off in July than we are this year. And August is still ahead....

:cry2: Thanks for the encouragement and trying to cheer us up. :p Looking foreward to August and I'll be just as glad to see 2009 gone as I was for 2008 to end.

Look at that map vett put up. :shock: :eek: there is a hole in the clouds RIGHT OVER MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! :frowns: What the heck did I do?? :cry2: I don't remember ANYTHING... :cry2: :help:

Its pouring here right now. Third time today. So much for hay. I guess I'll just have to settle for horse hay on the next cutting.

Latest posts