Rain!

Help Support CattleToday:

Sun going down and evening breezes are picking up. Nothing even closely resembling rain today.

I've got some of that horse hay from 2007 still setting in the washouts, even after 19 months of inadequate rainfall and sorry pasture the cows won't eat it.

1982vett":238fxubw said:
Sun going down and evening breezes are picking up. Nothing even closely resembling rain today.

I've got some of that horse hay from 2007 still setting in the washouts, even after 19 months of inadequate rainfall and sorry pasture the cows won't eat it.

Why not unroll it, dye it green and square bale it. That'll make it good won't it? ;-) :lol2:

It is raining again. 4 showers today.

That or I could inject it with a tank full of anhydrous ammonia and make myself some top notch feed. :lol:

Jogeephus":1lma8aqb said:
Its pouring here right now. Third time today. So much for hay. I guess I'll just have to settle for horse hay on the next cutting.
What does that mean "horse hay"? Up here horse hay is your best. And if it is not good enough you buy something that is. But it sounds like not so much down there?

angie":19nxfid5 said:
Jogeephus":19nxfid5 said:
Its pouring here right now. Third time today. So much for hay. I guess I'll just have to settle for horse hay on the next cutting.
What does that mean "horse hay"? Up here horse hay is your best. And if it is not good enough you buy something that is. But it sounds like not so much down there?

It may just be a regional joke. I don't know how widespread this is but there are some who play around with filler hay and magically turn filler into something square and green. I just like to give them grief.

Jogeephus":2d6wgzg8 said:
It may just be a regional joke. I don't know how widespread this is but there are some who play around with filler hay and magically turn filler into something square and green. I just like to give them grief.
Ah. That makes sense.
Nah, I am thinking the same thing happens all over.... Where ever there are stupid people with money, there will be such as that. :nod:

Jogeephus":vkngoc1q said:
angie":vkngoc1q said:
Jogeephus":vkngoc1q said:

Horse hay is the best here also, but most of the hobby horse people usually get screwed on hay. They pay horse prices for less than cow quality alot of times. :D

1982vett":2dolusnx said:
:p Peg, the raindance comes before the rain...get busy.

Few showers in the area but for some real rain it looks to me like the I-35 barrier is still going to be in force.

sat_None_anim.gif
Well,been doing my rain dance :banana: :banana: ,but the rain is getting further and further away :frowns: so I'm gonna try ignoring it. :???:

Gadzooks,It seems to be raining on the home place,and looks like some is near here :banana: !!!!(radar)Slow answer to raindance,or did ignoring work??

What'd I do????

Clouded up yesterday but no dice. It has been cooler, though.

Horse hay, yeah, the feed stores see the horse people coming. I have hay coming in August. It's not that great but it will keep their bellys full and I can put out minerals. It's gonna be a long winter. The only good thing about Steve living in Bonham is that they have had way more rain than we have and they have hay. It is going to be square bales, though, which sucks because I have to put it out all the time and I hate hefting them around.

I remember one winter when we had squares stacked on pallets in the barn. I picked up a bale, got my foot stuck in the pallet and did a flip over the bale. I'm glad no one was there.

Raining here now. I hope it keeps it up. But we know the Tao Of Rain. To speak of the rain is not to know it.

It's still nice to see. I hope it spreads.

As disorganized as it looks, trajectory looks good. I'm hoping it stays befuddled long enough so we could get some rain on a day where none (till this morning) was predicted.

With the way things go "poof" around here. Nothing is a sure bet.

It rained here all morning. At least an inch. Good steady soaker. I sure do hope some of it makes it down your way. It's also stayed in the seventies. Got the windows open. Feels good.

Lammie":1loxnnx6 said:
About two this morning. Big storm and it rained for about an hour, hard. I don't know how much yet but we really needed it and I hope it perks things up around here. I was just sitting on the back porch with a big smile on my face and a prayer of thanksgiving in my heart. There's nothing like a break in a drought to make your spirits soar, even if it is only temporary. I'll take whatever I can get. This will really help.

I hope others farther south and west got some rain. I don't know where this came from, as our showers normally come out of West Texas, but last night they were talking about storms in Oklahoma and we don't normally get rain from that direction. I have long since given up on watching the weather. I just heard about this on the radio. Guess I'll have to watch the news to see where this line came from.

I don't really care where it came from. As far as I am concerned, they came from Heaven as an answer to a prayer.
Lammie, I talked with our daughter this morning. She said it was raining in Dallas and the weatherman says through this week. Got an e-mail from my cousin in Bristow, Oklahoma and it is dry, no rain in sight.
Tom.

Look at that weather map! :help: Just look at it!! :cry2: Breaking apart the other side of Austin,gonna reform after it passes us by :frowns: AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

That sucks.

I'm enjoying the cooler temps while they last. Haven't had the AC on all day.

1982vett":qg7ug37q said:
I-35 ;-) Got to hit it broadside.

Poof

Wow. Poof sneezed. :shock:

About 7 pm, 6-7 TStorms popped up in the area. One was just to the south. It grew and slowly moved north. As it got over us it pretty much stalled, Then the one to the north merged into it. :D Had lots of high winds, a bit of small hail, and lots of rain. Neighbor called and said 3 8/10ths in about 2 hours. I went out and checked, mine had an even 3 inches. Should catch a little pond water out of that. By now they have all merged together and are pushing off to the south.

Should make the world look different in a day or two, but now the waiting game begins for the next one.

Latest posts