rain?!!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I woke up to the happy,happy sound of rain dripping off the roof! Oh,it's not much,just enough to make the roads slick,and to settle the dust,but this is the most rain we've had for bout 6 months... Last week the humidity was 9%!!! Doesn't take much to make my day anymore.. :D :lol2:

Yes, I was in Hood County over the weekend and it was awfully dry there. We got some rain this morning. It was starting to get dusty out. I think we did pretty good. I could use this about once a week and I'd be a happy camper.

Rain gauge said 4 tenths...we need way more than that, but I'm not complaining.

Alice

we are getting rain here in northest texas.an im glad that we are getting rain.its getting pretty dry here as well.

5/8 of an inch at the house. I hear the cows got the same. (20 mile difference).

No water for any stock tanks but maybe some clover can sprout.

There must be a high pressure system over your area because we have been getting some nice rain on a regular basis for a change.

Mostly off to the east. Didn't let the system push thru. All the weather has been coming out of Canada and nothing out of the Northwest. Backdoor weather just doesn't rain down here. One of the reasons snow is rare here. Never cold enough when the moisture is present.

1982vett":3gsb2w7k said:
Mostly off to the east. Didn't let the system push thru. All the weather has been coming out of Canada and nothing out of the Northwest. Backdoor weather just doesn't rain down here. One of the reasons snow is rare here. Never cold enough when the moisture is present.
I was hoping you guys got rain today we got about 7/10s and they ay we are gonna have storms tomorrow nite that may dump upwards of 3"

Yeah, I was a little POed yesterday evening when the wind started blowing everything up. Thought sure we would have gotten a something out of it. Thankful for the tenth we did get.

Weather map looks a bit churned up. Forecasts still give a chance of rain 4 out of the next 10 days. Still have moisture flowing in from the gulf so something could still happen. All we need is for that thing to topple over on itself and head back south. :D Doubt that will happen, but their is a lot of weather happening. Just need it to get its act together. As screwy as it has been I guess anything could happen.

1982vett":9dlrfqrh said:
Yeah, I was a little POed yesterday evening when the wind started blowing everything up. Thought sure we would have gotten a something out of it. Thankful for the tenth we did get.

Weather map looks a bit churned up. Forecasts still give a chance of rain 4 out of the next 10 days. Still have moisture flowing in from the gulf so something could still happen. All we need is for that thing to topple over on itself and head back south. :D Doubt that will happen, but their is a lot of weather happening. Just need it to get its act together. As screwy as it has been I guess anything could happen.

You can have some of mine as my pastures are still to wet for a tractor, but you have to take the fireants as well. I might be crying in a month or two we had 18 days of rain in Dec. rained here the last three days.

Caustic Burno":c4w8ort4 said:
You can have some of mine as my pastures are still to wet for a tractor, but you have to take the fireants as well. I might be crying in a month or two we had 18 days of rain in Dec. rained here the last three days.

I imagine the ants are loving the warm weather.  They haven't been active for quite a while here. To dry I guess. Been a few years back when we were getting rain like you have. Cows were bogging thru oats leaving tracks 4 - 5 inches deep.

We had rain yesterday and overnight. It's also blowing like a hurricane out of the south. Rain in Feb is just weird here, but it got rid of a lot of snow that's for sure.

think thats all the rain for us :frowns:tornado warnings on the other side of Austin...hope they don't get any...

Hold on to that hat, I think you are going to get some more. Just across the hill right now. Thundering, lightning, winds gusting probably to 35-40. Hear it dripping off the roof now. Yipp-ee!

I wasn't looking for a hurricane we had 60+ mph winds and rain drops the size of horse turds.
Dang weather radio sounded like an air raid siren going off with warning after warning.

Had a round of brief but intensive storms last night. I don't know about any damage since it is still dark out. I hope my portable building is still standing at work. Then again...

Ended up with 3/10ths. Add that to Monday's rain and it makes 4/10ths. My oats well enjoy that. Wasn't that wind interesting. :shock: Don't see any damage just looking out the back door.

Latest posts