Rain !

Help Support CattleToday:

Bernard

Reaction score
I don't usually say anything much on the board, but it's raining outside here (just south of Amarillo) and this is the first rain on this place since back in July. Not much of it then, or before then, either. Most of our winter wheat has evaporated, EVERYBODY is feeding cake, and I've got a new Rat Terrier pup that doesn't know what rain is! We did have about 1/2" of dry, dry, blowing powder snow last month; about .02" equivalent moisture, if that. The old timers are talking about back in the 50's when they talk about dry years. I don't know how long it'll keep raining - all night, I hope - but whatever we get will be better than what we've had, and it sounds, and smells wonderful. And it's 52 degrees warm - very strange for February in the Texas Panhandle. I would not complain (much) if it was an ice storm - just so we get some moisture. Can you imagine, then, how wonderful a semi-warm rain is? I hope those of you with your own drought problems have a night like this for yourselves real soon.

Congradulations. :D Hoping it holds together long enough to get thru to here. Was cloudy most of the day with light drizzle around sundown. It is clear with high winds right now. Hope this wind doesn't screw it up again.

1982vett":kuigmu0r said:
Congradulations. :D Hoping it holds together long enough to get thru to here. Was cloudy most of the day with light drizzle around sundown. It is clear with high winds right now. Hope this wind doesn't screw it up again.

Vett,

When I woke up and looked at the radar, I immediately thought of you. Looks like all of central Texas is getting rain. I hope you get enough to do you some good!

Unbearably aggrivating, was going to say we haven't gotten a drop yet this morning but think I see some little drops collecting on the window. Beginning to drizzle lightly or something. Looks like the wind was strong enough to knock things off kilter and will be lucky to get much of anything.

Vett,

What county are you in? We are in Montgomery.

Hope we all get some rain out of this.

Farmgirl

Vet we got 1/2 inch last night and still a light rain falling....hopefully will accumulate to an inch....wheat is soaking it up.............more in the forecast during the week.

That rain that was in Amarillo last night, is now up here in N.E. Oklahoma. Started here about 6 AM this morning... still raining. I love it, cuz we sure needed some here also. I know other parts south of us needed it even worse. I dont like the slop it causes, but I do like what it does for the grass and trees and ponds.

Farmgirl":2lvav54r said:
Vett,

What county are you in? We are in Montgomery.

Hope we all get some rain out of this.

Farmgirl

Burleson, went out to check the rain guage. Couldn't believe it was bone dry. Thought sure it would have a few drops in it. But NO. Screwed out of another chance. Still have some onshore moisture flowing inland for a few more hours. Looks like that airmass is lifting to the northeast instead of pushing southeast. Maybe it will let something zip thru.

TexasBred":xi44ri35 said:
Vet we got 1/2 inch last night and still a light rain falling....hopefully will accumulate to an inch....wheat is soaking it up.............more in the forecast during the week.
Man that would have been nice. My oats is pitiful. Really don't know what to think anymore.

Upon seeing your post I went to the local news webiste to look for rain. I'm out of town but it looks like it missed me too. Maybe tomorrow. :(

Latest posts