Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

brenda

Reaction score
We have finally gotten some rain here today in our little area. I hope some of the other areas that are feeling this drought, especially our neighbors in AL, are getting some. It's been so dry and dusty, we've had one of our bulls at the vet today, pneumonia. Weather says maybe some more showers over the weekend and a few degrees cooler next week. This will sure help these animals.

Brenda, I think the weather pattern is fixing to change around here too (SE Alabama) There has been rain all around me for the last 2 days, none for me yet. My cows have been laying in the shade most of the day and graze most of the night. I can't blame them either, I have one due any day now and she is having a tough time too.

If I can get some rain for about the next 4-5 weeks I can get a cutting of hay off one of my pastures. I sure hope the winter produces more rain since I plan to plant rye grass, oats and clover for the cows to graze.

The pecan crop here could have been the best we have had in a few years, but with the lack of rain most of the trees are shedding the heavey limbs and the pecans are dropping pretty bad.

I pray that all who need the rain gets some soon

Time to go cut tree limbs off the fence, I see daylight. No rest for the part time farmer either. :lol:

We got almost 1" of rain last night and I was like a kid riding the 4 wheeler in it until the lightning started popping to close for comfort.

I think most of SE Alabama and SW Georgia got a fair amout of rain yesterday afternoon or last night.

C HOLLAND":820ljbqi said:
We got almost 1" of rain last night and I was like a kid riding the 4 wheeler in it until the lightning started popping to close for comfort.

I think most of SE Alabama and SW Georgia got a fair amout of rain yesterday afternoon or last night.

Not me. But they did get over 2" in town last night. :roll:

sounds great, Mike hope you get some your way shortly. weather says we have a chance all next week also.

C HOLLAND":1dz2h2ah said:
Brenda, I think the weather pattern is fixing to change around here too (SE Alabama) There has been rain all around me for the last 2 days, none for me yet. My cows have been laying in the shade most of the day and graze most of the night. I can't blame them either, I have one due any day now and she is having a tough time too.

If I can get some rain for about the next 4-5 weeks I can get a cutting of hay off one of my pastures. I sure hope the winter produces more rain since I plan to plant rye grass, oats and clover for the cows to graze.

The pecan crop here could have been the best we have had in a few years, but with the lack of rain most of the trees are shedding the heavey limbs and the pecans are dropping pretty bad.

I pray that all who need the rain gets some soon

Time to go cut tree limbs off the fence, I see daylight. No rest for the part time farmer either. :lol:

Sure hope you folks get some of the wet stuff. We had another 2 1/2 " last week and got hammered again today. I should have 300 bales wrapped up but so far only got about a hundred - can't cut because it's been too wet.

Wish we could get some rain, feeding hay already. About time to think about culling.

Latest posts